Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, March 7, 2008

From Warm Days





















The sun is shining so brightly today. Looking out the window, the view is somewhat deceptive, as there is a cold, chilly breeze blowing. I know that folks in the northeast are having a prolonged bitter cold winter. This weather inevitably makes me pull out my pictures to remind me of pleasant warm days. One of the pictures is of our koi pond, complete with water lilies. I can assure you there are no lily blooms at this time.
I thought I'd also post a picture or two of some of the projects I worked on last summer, well before my injury. I need to be reminded that I have lots of work to look forward to. Patience, my dear, patience is what I keep telling myself.

The baby blanket and frame were done for a baby shower. The felted buttonhole purse I made using a pattern from masondixonknitting.

4 comments:

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Idalia!

I see you have a link list! I think my email was a little late! :o)

How beautiful is your felted bag, I want so much to learn to felt! Is felting difficult? Did you do it by hand or machine? What a sweet baby blanket....just lovely! That arm has to hurry in healing so you can get back to crafting! Have a beautiful Sunday!

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you for your help, Beverly. I think I got it figured out.

As to the purse, I machine washed in hot water, removed from washer, stuffed with a towel for shaping, and allowed to air dry by a sunny window. You would not believe how much it had shrunk! I had knitted it at least twice as large as it ended up. So it's not hard to do at all, and it's so much fun!

cd&m said...

Beverly is right that felted bag is beautiful, well everything is and the water lillies are a reminder of what is to come.

Tracy said...

A very pretty post, YaYa! Lofe the baby shower gifts--you are very clever! Happy week ((HUGS))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music