Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some of My Favorite Things
















Went out to the garden today. How I wish I could just putter around. Because my arm must be immobilized, I have to be careful of where I walk. It gives me such a warm feeling to see our two resident cats following us around. They're stray cats who have stayed around after we fed them through the winter. Out pet chi, Cocoa, is afraid of cats, silly dog. She'll cautiously approach the door and sniff through the screen, but then shies away quietly. We got her as a little runt of the litter and I think she has issues.
It was a glorious day! Another sight that thrills me are the purple martins which return every year. They arrived in February, but then the cold winds pushed them south again, I think. I had not seen them for a while. When I awoke this morning I could hear their cheerful banter as they circled the martin house my DH set up about 8 years ago. Since that first year, they set up their nests once the first scout found the house. I love to see them soar high in the air. But then in mid summer, when the heat is unbearable, they leave once again. I often wonder how they could have lasted as long, with the blistering sun heating up their abode. It never ceases to amaze me how they find their way back year after year.
Inside the house, I'm just trying to stay positive, trying not to get too frustrated with my limitations right now. One thing which cheers me up is the sight of my yarn and fabric stash. I love to touch and feel the softness of the wool fibers against my skin. I'll post a few pictures now of my pretties. I think it's a delightful way to 'color up' a journal. The knitted hat was made from a pattern called 'Fake Isle Hat' at Magknits. The tangerines are from this past harvest. The tree itself still has a few. I only wish I had washed them before I took the photo. They are covered in dust, but they are still beautiful. I am also enjoying my new book "Vintage Vavoom". So many wonderful ideas for decorating can be found in it. The yarns in the wire basket are just a few from my stash.

4 comments:

Meredith Teagarden said...

I think the tangerines look beautiful, and never noticed the dust!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I am afraid I did not take the time to prepare the picture as I would have liked. I was so pleased with the sight and smell of them, I could hardly wait to plate them, LOL

cd&m said...

Lovely pics of fav things.

The Rose Cottage said...

I love to knit in the summer too, I stopped for months now due to tendonitis, but it is always there to pick up when I feel like it. Nice to know we could never be bored isn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music