Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Room of My Own





After reading Keri's post about useful tools, it got me thinking about my own essentials. Anyone who does any sort of creative work, be it crafting, sewing, cooking or baking relies on at least a few helpful tools. In addition to tools, your work space is also important. I love looking at pictures of sewing and crafting rooms. Pearl's site showcases some wonderful creative spaces which are to die for! They certainly inspired me and got me to thinking of ways I can better utilize what little space I do have. So on this post I thought I'd share a little corner of my sewing/knitting room. It's not very big, about 12'x14', but it's my own little hideaway, and I love it! Of course, my little room does not always look this way. It has a funny habit of morphing into a chaotic heap of fabric scraps and loose thread clippings scattered about the floor. I try to control that, of course, because it is difficult for me to work among clutter. Hopefully others can share pictures of their work spaces so we can inspire each other with new ideas. I am also including a picture of the acorn hat I mentioned in my previous post. I thought I had deleted it, but I found it and wanted to share.

7 comments:

Ditaur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! Your craft room is an inspiration fo what can be possible with a small space! I love the rich red on the walls, white trim and all your very tidy stacks, shelves, etc. And you have a serger...Oh, I've been longing for one of those. But one thing at a time--LOL! My own craft room is small, and while it works it could use some tweeking, so I hope to rearrange and improve it this spring. Thanks for sharing a little window into your world! Happy weekend :o)

She'sSewPretty said...

You're so nice and organized. My fabric is in bins everywhere. I have a big four bedroom house but no space for a sewing room. I'd love to have my own space just for creating!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you for your comments! I found that if I can see the fabric, I'll be more inclined to use it. So, when I go to buy fabric, I usually ask for the empty bolts so I can recycle them for my own use. I know there's better ways out there to organize it, but this works for me mainly because they're free!

Keri said...

Oooooh.....a serger! I'd like to hear about that tool.

I think it's funny how quickly my craft space goes from completely clean to "Rug? I don't see a rug!"

It looks like your talents are varied and great! I'm going back to read more!

Mercedes said...

Gracias por darnos a conocer un poquito de tu espacio. Parece bastante ordenado y lo tienes todo a mano , eso es importante. Revisaré el enlace que dices. Me pirran las habitaciones de costura.
Gracias por tu visita en mi blog

Oiyi said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your craft space. I love seeing where people create. You are so organized!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music