Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rejoicing!

Yesterday, after reading my dear friend Beverly's blog announcing the birth of her Grandson, I was overjoyed. A birth symbolizes a new beginning, a new start, a second chance if you will. A baby always gives one hope. At the same time, while reading her post, I was reminded of the significance of the day for me. For on that date exactly one year ago, my dear Mother passed on. She had been sick on an off for a while, but we had hoped that last hospital stay would only be temporary, and she would soon recover from one of her diabetes complications, as she had done in the past. Everyone in the family had hopes that she would feel well enough to celebrate the impending birth of my Grandson, Elias. We certainly did not anticipate that this would be the last chapter of her life on Earth. Ironically perhaps, although the baby was not due until the first week of June, that very day, my dear sweet daughter-in-law went into labor. My Son had to rush back to San Antonio to be with his wife, but not before saying his last goodbye to his Grandmother. On May 24, 2007, while making funeral preparations, we received the wonderful news that my Grandson Elias was born. So you see, yesterday and all day today, I was remembering the sad events of that day a year ago. But tomorrow, we celebrate a joyous event! It is a bittersweet joy for me still. My precious will be one year old, and oh how wonderful it is to have a little piece of myself unfolding and growing towards the future! God is merciful! God is good! Praise be to this name! In this I truly rejoice!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thinking of you, YaYa, and sending the biggest, most comforting ((HUGS) :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music