Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wholly Mole!



One of the reasons I embarked on keeping an online journal was that I needed a tool to find creative motivation within me. I felt that if I could just put into words all the ideas for projects that I wanted to pursue, "it" would come to me. However, days pass sometimes, and I am unable to find that creative spark. I'm beginning to see that I am putting great pressure on myself to 'produce'. It's as if I feel that if I don't come up with a project each and every day, I have somehow failed myself. Up until now, I have eased that pressure by chalking it up to my shoulder injury. Well, yesterday was supposed to be my last visit to the doctor. However, even with physical therapy, I still need about another 4-6 weeks before I can be released. I am to return to the doctor then, and if I still haven't regained full use of my arm, he will try injecting cortisone to facilitate increased movement. Well, I don't want that, as I've heard bad things about cortisone use. So I'm going to have to work harder to be at my peak when I return for hopefully the last visit to the doctor's office. Which brings me back to my lack of creative output. I will just have to continue to do the best that I can. And in that spirit of hope, I share a picture of a meal I prepared today: Chicken Mole and Mexican rice. Only the rice has a little bit of a Puerto Rican feel to it. I've added 'gandules'. Gandules are also called pigeon peas. Here is a good recipe for arroz con gandules. I've tasted Puerto Rican rice and it is absolutely delicious! It's made almost the same as Mexican rice, only it doesn't taste spicy. And as to the mole, what can I say, I love it for the same reason I love chocolate: it's silky, it's comforting, it's 'vintage' food. Did I mention it's made with chocolate? I also share my chipotle sauce made with roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and garlic as well as a can of chipotle peppers. After all, I did also say in the beginning that this blog would be about a variety of things, including cooking, crafting and all things domestic.

3 comments:

She'sSewPretty said...

I had shoulder surgery a few years ago. I had the cortisone shots before my surgery. They hurt like heck!! It takes a while for your shoulder to get better but you really do have to make yourself use it. Good luck with that.
I love chicken mole. Can you share your recipe??

GLORIA said...

MMM, EL MOLE ES UNA DE MIS COMIDAS FAVORITAS, ACOMPA√ĎADO DE ARROZ BLANCO Y TORTILLITAS CALIENTES.
Y CLARO QUE LLEVA CHOCOLATE!!! SOY ADICTA AL CHOCOLATE, MMMM,MMMM,MMMM

YayaOrchid said...

she'ssewpretty: Thank you for your comments! It's really good to hear from people. I'm going to try and do a post with the recipe soon. Thank you for giving me an idea for a post. :)Sometimes it's hard to come up with ideas to write about.

gloria: tu comentario sobre las tortillas me hace extranar las tortillitas calientitas del molino. Por aca se compran en paquete frias. Que lastima que a veces no hay tiempo para hacer las caseras. Son mas sabrosas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music