Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, June 2, 2008

I Am What I Am

This is a hymn I vividly recall enjoying during my time of 'First Love', that is when I first came to accept the Lord Jesus into my life as my Savior. I heard it sung by a woman, Sister Sheila, whose husband had left her, and she was struggling in life trying to raise her children. I only mention this, because when she sang, you knew she loved the Lord, and all the trials and tribulations she was enduring, only made that love stronger. I only wish I could add the sound of the soulful music that accompanies the lyrics.

I Am What I Am

Lord it must have broke your heart, to send your son away
Knowing all along, the final price he had to pay.
Left his home in Glory and became a common man, and because he did
I Am What I Am;

Well, I'm a child of the King who made everything!
I'm a child of the one who makes my heart to sing!
Songs of joy, songs of praise, I'll sing them all I can
To the One who came, and made me what I am.

Now, I am a woman, and have some children of my own;
I wonder could I send them off somewhere, and all alone.
To help someone, somewhere, somehow, to set a captive free;
Could I do for him, what he did for me?

Well, I'm a child of the King, who made everything!
I'm a child of the one, who makes my heart to sing!
Songs of joy, songs of praise, I'll sing them all I can
To the One who came, and made me what I am.

1 comment:

Tea Time and Roses said...

Beautiful post...thank you so much for sharing.

Smiles...

Beverly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music