Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, July 25, 2008

Waffles!

Anna over at Pleasant View Schoolhouse, shared this delectable waffle recipe. I have been wanting to try it, because she always posts very good recipes and helpful hints. Well, today I finally took the time to try making these great waffles. I prepared the batter last night, and let it sit overnight. It develops this wonderful mild sourdough taste. I hadn't used my waffle maker in a while, so I had to try and remember how long to cook them. In my machine, to get nice and crispy, I left them five and a half minutes. They're actually ready at four and a half minutes, but the added crispness is so good.




Another plus is the use of whole wheat flour, which is always an added bonus for healthier nutrition. So go over to her site and grab the recipe! It is a winner, believe me! Like she suggests, we enjoyed ours with pure maple syrup for an unbelievable feast. I'm going to see if the batter works for pancakes. The recipe is so worth trying!

5 comments:

glorv1 said...

Oh my! Now you've gone and done it. How dare you lure me into making waffles. :) But you know what? I don't have that perfectly beautiful Belgian Waffler you have. Wherever did you get that, and can you let me know so that I can send for one of those. I have a waffle (excuse me, the timer in my oven went off brb) I'm back. Had to put the casserole in the oven, even on these hot days. I do have a waffle maker, but it is a lot smaller. Looks awfully good and I will check out the recipe. Thanks YaYa for sharing, talk to you later. Gloria from Modesto

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria: I sent you an email! Hope it helps!

GLORIA said...

WAW!!! QUE LINDA WAFFLERA! NUNCA HABÍA VISTO UNA IGUAL.
SON LAS 7:50 AM DEL SÁBADITO ALEGRE, Y YA SE ME HAN ANTOJADO TUS WAFFLES...MMM... LES PONDRÍA MERMELADA DE FRESA... MAPLE...MMM

VOY A DESAYUNAR YAYA, CON TU PERMISO, BESITOS ♥

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria! Que bueno que tu tambien vas a hacer waffles. Es tan facil, y con la receta que use, salen deliciosas! No tienes que ir a comprar caja de 'mix' de waffles. Las haces caseras y salen muy bien.
Que disfrutes tu desayuno!!

Among the Hedgerows said...

They look delicious!! I'll have to take a look at that recipe ... thanks for sharing the link!
xo,
Lynda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music