Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Hot Day in Paradise

Cocoa curious about what's cooking.....

My trusty molcajete for grinding basic spices such as
garlic, cumin, peppercorns....

Ground beef simmering away....


Nothing fancy....end results

On yet another very hot day, I concluded the best thing to do was to cook something fast and easy for lunch. Something that would get me out of the kitchen quickly. Lean ground chuck would have to do, and what better way to make use of all the little 'extras' left over from previous meals than to make, once again, peasant food. Served with a couple of simple sides, it also happens to be my DH's favorite type of food. He likes simple 'guisados' or your basic Mexican day to day foods. Nothing fancy, he always says. My favorite foods are Italian dishes with cream sauces and breaded meats or grilled cuts of meat. We'll leave those for another day, perhaps a cooler day. I cut up the leftover cabbage and added it to a skillet of browned hamburger meat. Not my best effort at culinary greatness, I concede, but like I said, it was a very hot day, and it tasted good! Besides, anytime you can use up what's in your fridge, it's a good thing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YaYa, I make that dish myself. Your pictures look great and the dish looks yummy. Your doggie Cocoa smells the hamburger and she wonders if mama is going to give her some. I too have a chihuahua/poodle mix and she is 7 months old. It was hot over here in Modesto, CA and I get excited when I read the bloggers from out Mexico way. Take care and be well. Gloria from Modesto, CA

Anonymous said...

YaYa, I make that dish myself. Your pictures look great and the dish looks yummy. Your doggie Cocoa smells the hamburger and she wonders if mama is going to give her some. I too have a chihuahua/poodle mix and she is 7 months old. It was hot over here in Modesto, CA and I get excited when I read the bloggers from out Mexico way. Take care and be well. Gloria from Modesto, CA

Tracy said...

Coco is soooo cute! And your dish looks great. I don't eat meat myself, but this inspires me to let DH know about this one, as he does eat meat. With hot summer days here, I so agree--quick in & out the kitchen...LOL! Happy Days, YaYa ((HUGS))

GLORIA said...

NO PUEDO CREER QUE TENGAS UN MOLCAJETE!!!!

CON RAZÓN COCOA SE ASOMÓ A LA COCINA, SI HASTA AQUÍ ME LLEGA EL OLOR!!! MMMM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music