Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Celebration!

Important events in our lives sometimes serve to remind us of our mortality and how fleeting time is. In the blink of an eye, an entire lifetime elapses, and every moment, both precious and trivial, is compressed in the recesses of our minds. One day you realize you wish you had taken more care in retaining every single moment, relishing each one as though it were the last. I would guess we are designed to live in the moment, and as such, much of our lives becomes a blurry segment of images from the past. For me, it is difficult to write about my memories. I cannot help but weep as I do even now. Oh, to be able to go back in time and be more gentle, more caring, to take back every cross word to my children. They are the most precious gift the Lord has given me, after my redemption. How I wish I could hold my precious babies once again, free to kiss their little cheeks and toes, to shower them with words of encouragement, to fan them with the breezes of Motherly love again. And so, I admit, regrets I do have a few. I regret I did not know that dishes and housework can wait, that when my babies' behavior was 'bad' it really wasn't, and that punishment was not the most important thing in the world to mete out. That discipline is good, but not when it means using angry words which hurt their feelings. Not knowing then what I know now can only be attributed to youth and a lack of wisdom.

And yet, when I look at my grown Son, now a Father himself, I am just bursting with love and pride at the man he has become. He is an excellent Son, Husband, Brother, and of course Daddy to my precious Elias. I am so full of gratitude to my Creator for all he has done for me and my loved ones!

I am utterly full of thanksgiving on my Son's 30th Birthday!


I look at Elias and he reminds me so much of my Son at his age.


Children know when they are loved, and thrive in the midst of caring parents, family and friends. As parents we are always looking to make sure they are safe and happy.

My youngest Son is also there to celebrate his Brother's day. Elias adores his Abuelito!


This time, more care in preserving memories is of the utmost importance.



We value each moment, always mindful of the sands of time. Such is life: a time to celebrate and a time to reflect and take stock. Onward we push, striving to finish the race, only this time, with more patience and wisdom!

7 comments:

glorv1 said...

You have a wonderful looking family. We all try our best in raising our children and that is what is important. We always wish we could have done better. Glad your time away from home was enjoyable and heartwarming. Take care, gloria from Modesto.

Lisa said...

Thank you! Thank you for this post! I so needed to hear this today. I give thanks on my knees every day for my little girls, they are such a blessing to me, and I am working hard to raise them right. I realize I need to take more time to hear their stories, just to sit in reflection with them instead of hurrying to the next "thing" I have to do. I appreciate your words. Sometimes it really helps to read about someone else's journey.

YayaOrchid said...

GloriaV, thank you for your words. You speak the truth when you say we try our best, and still wish we could have done better. But sadly, we don't realize it until many years later.

Lisa, if you acknowledge the Lord in raising your family, you cannot help but do a wonderful job! I'm glad my post was a blessing for you. I guess my msg is enjoy the time given to you to raise your babies. Whether it's a short while or a lifetime, the giving of yourself to nurture them is what they will remember. Remember: no regrets!

Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! So lovely to read and see about your family--loved the photos! Hope your son had a terrific 30th! I think we all would love to go back in time in some ways, thank goodness memories keep up connected to the past, and help us look ahead. Enjoy your sentimental journeying...((hugs))

glorv1 said...

YaYa, I think I have learned to highlight my name. I'm going to try it right now and I hope it works. Keep up the good work on your blog, its definitely one of my reads for the day. Hasta La Vista.

GLORIA said...

QUE ENCANTO DE POST!
MIL FELICIDADES A TU HIJO!!!
ÉL ES EL RESULTADO DE TODOS TUS CUIDADOS Y ORACIONES, EL SEÑOR NUNCA SE OLVIDA DE QUIEN LO AMA,Y AHORA PUEDES VER EL FRUTO DE TU COSECHA YAYITA.

TU NIETO ES UN PRIMOR, ME IMAGINO QUE ESTAS HECHA LOCA CON EL!
QUE SIGAS DISFRUTANDO A TU BELLA FAMILIA, Y TE SIGAN LLENANDO DE BENDICIONES.

BESITOS YAYA ♥

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy: Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. Life is a journey, isn't it?

Gloria: Gracias mil por tu visita! Tus palabras son siempre tan positivas y alentadoras! Gracias amiga!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music