Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, July 17, 2008

Enjoying the Garden

Reflections from the water

KittyKat Perched Atop the World


Miss Kitty Enjoying the Sunlight

Mmmmm....Chinese Oregano


Dark Corner of the Garden

So much time has passed since I've puttered in the garden. And here in the middle of Summer, it shows. My plants are sadly in need of repotting and attention. I really have no excuse for the garden's neglect. My shoulder is considerably better, almost completely healed. I think now, though, it might be best to wait for a little bit of cooler weather to tinker with potting and such.

I needed to see the pretty greenery to lift my spirits. My garden is always a soothing balm to my soul. When I need to clear my thoughts or feel sad or overwhelmed, just a little time there will lift my spirits. All I need now are the chickens like the ones I used to have for my bliss to be complete. My little bantams, which had a knack for brooding continously, the beautiful white silkies whose feathers I treasured, the big Aracaunas which supplied the most beautiful eggs, and the barred rocks whose eggs we enjoyed so much- all of them gave me such joy! I wish now we had not sold them. At the time, a trip we needed to take gave us no other option. With no one who could care for them while we were away made it necessary to part with them. Since then, I have many times been on the verge of buying chicks again. And always I am reminded that having them really does curtail and restrict travel plans. Even so, I would have ordered more chicks last spring, but since I opted to keep the stray kitties, I thought better of it. That coupled with the possums which had taken up residence under the tool shed, made me fear for the welfare of any young fowl. I keep hoping that feeding these felines will curb any appetite they may have for birds. On occasion though, I do find the feathered remains of their victims. Fortunately, so far, it doesn't appear as though they were any of the songbirds I enjoy feeding, or even the purple martins we 'board'. So at least for now, for yet another season, having chickens must wait. At least the chicken house is ready and waiting also.

7 comments:

GLORIA said...

QUE LINDO JARDÍN TIENES YAYA!
ME HA ENCANTADO TU PEQUEÑO ESTANQUE! ES TAN RELAJANTE OIR EL AGUA Y MÁS SI ESTAS RODEADO DE TANTO VERDE.

SALUDOS YAYA ♥ ESTAN LINDAS TUS FOTITOS!

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks wonderful and very inviting. KittyKat looks as though she own the place and probably does. :) I feel the same way about my garden. Its almost like being in the garden is like being next to God. I always give thanks for everything we have and know that the beauty of our gardens are from him. Take care Yaya. Gloria from Modesto, CA (I see you have another gloria who posts on your site, how cool is that.)

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Your garden is beautiful! I agree that plants are so relaxing.

Tracy said...

Lovely having a glimpse of your garden and kitties, YaYa...Happy Summer Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Tea Time and Roses said...

What lovely photos of your garden! Reminds me of my sister, she loves her garden and finds so much peace there. It is sometimes the small things like time in a garden that bring so much happiness...what a blessing. A lovely post. Have a beautiful rest of the week!

Smiles...

Beverly

Billie said...

I miss having a real garden here in Mexico. I have to satisfy myself with container gardening. Just not the same thing. Of all the things I miss about "selling out" in the States, my garden was the hardest to leave. Enjoy.

glorv1 said...

YaYa, the slideshow on my blog are pix of my garden. Or at least a part of it. Seeya, gloria from Modesto, CA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music