Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, July 11, 2008

Catching Up with Pictures


While away for a few days earlier, I'm afraid I got behind on posting pictures I had wanted to include in previous posts. That and the fact that I FINALLY learned how to load the pictures from the camera to the 'puter. I'm afraid I still don't have the ability to upload them in the correct order. I need to learn how to do that. They're pretty much in reverse order at this point. The first set I'm including here are for the Sticky Pecan Caramel Rolls I made.



I made them chock full of pecans, but I do wish I'd used more cinnammon. Wish I could make them look as pretty as the ones in the book photo.

I do like to used freshly ground cinnamon, crushing it in my electric coffee grinder, but which I bought just for the use of grinding spices. One of those helpful hints I learned from my favorite domestic diva, Martha Stewart.
Using the recipe from aforementioned book, you just cut off a chunk of dough and let it rise, then shape.


This is the bottom layer which will produce the 'self' glazing on the rolls. After baking and turning the buns out, the nice caramel glaze oozes over them.




And here you see the wonderful book I used for this recipe and which I'd read about on other blogs,"Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. I just had to get to give it a try. Everyone who raved about it is right, it does make baking a lot easier and fun.


This is just a shot of the sushi I made. I am hoping with practice I can become better at rolling them. I think it's not too bad for it being my first attempt at making sushi.

And then the picture I have been wanting to share of the cute journal I received from Missy over at SpringBean. Isn't it the cutest fabric ever?! I'm going to have to get in on buying some Japanese fabric for some projects. I can see the quality is really good, and it just doesn't get any cuter than that. Using it for gifts would be a really fine idea!


So there you have it. After this, I should be finding it much more easy to load my pictures. I'm hoping that translates to more posts. I think pictures tell most of the story anyway. What could be easier?

7 comments:

lisa said...

Mmmmm Sushi! That looks really yummy!

glorv1 said...

I think that looks delicious. You are a hard worker YaYa.

sue said...

All this food looks great! I we think we have the same tastes. I am definitely going to check out that bread book. If it weren't so hot outside I would be baking more!

Tracy said...

Those caramel roll look sooo good, YaYa...as does the sushi! Sushi is fun to make, isn't it?! This inspires me...Hubby & I used to make sushi quite often, but it does make a bit of a mess in the kitchen--LOL! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Persuaded said...

girl... you have made me seriously hungry with this post! i saw that bread book mentioned on mrs mordecai's blog and was intrigued, but now i think i simply *must* have a copy for myself (oh, my gracious, i hope that's not envy!;))

my dd likes to make japanese foods and she has made sushi before- yours look great, especially for a first attempt:)

it took me so long before i was able to upload pictures (at least without a teenager's help, lol) but now that i've learned i love adding them to my posts... aren't they fun?
((hugs))

GLORIA said...

YAYA, MIL GRACIAS POR EL CARIÑO EXPRESADO HACIA MI PAU!
HE ESTADO UN POCO AJETREADA, PRONTO ME PONGO AL CORRIENTE, BESITOS, Y ESE SUSHI SE VE DELICIOSO MMM!

SALUDOS ♥

Tea Time and Roses said...

Yummy! The Caramel roll looks mighty good! I just know when I drop by something wonderful will be waiting! You and your sweet family have a lovely rest of the week!

Smiles...

Beverly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music