Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, August 18, 2008

The Best Fudge Brownies Ever

Recipe from King Arthur Flour:

1 cup (8 ounces) butter

1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar

4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa

1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All -Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt*

2 cups (12 ounce bag) chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder


* Increase the salt to 1 teaspoon if you use unsalted butter.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.

In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat (or microwave) briefly, just till it's hot, but not bubbling; it'll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating the butter and sugar a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.

Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating till smooth; then add the flour and chips, beating till well combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake the brownies for 28 to 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out dry (though it may have a few crumbs clinging to it). The brownies should feel set both on the edges, and in the center. Remove them from the oven, and after 5 minutes loosen the edges with a table knife; this helps prevent the brownies from sinking in the center as they cool. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Yield: 2 dozen brownies.
(Note: I added walnuts to my recipe; you can also use pecans)

8 comments:

GLORIA said...

GRACIAS POR LA RECETA YAYA!
LO INTENTARÉ Y LUEGO TE PLATICO, SALUDOS ♥

Brenda said...

Sound yummy, will have to try them when it cools down enough to bake here.

glorv1 said...

Sounds real good, I'm taking a break right now from yardwork and now its back outside to work work work. Talk to you later.

Judy said...

Oh - I am so pleased to have happened upon your blog (from your comment on Tracy's at Pink Purl) and this recipe - this looks so much like one my mum used to make back when I was a kid in Canada. I now live in the UK and all brownie recipes from here seem to be made with cooking chocolate - to my mind the best brownies HAVE to be made with cocoa. Thank you thank you! ;')

Sarah Jane said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this recipe! My mom and I made some from this same recipe a while ago off the back of some King Arthur flour, and we haven't found it since. I'll have to let her know about it! These are the BEST brownies ever!

PJH said...

Yaya, glad you like the brownies. I think they're one of my favorite recipes ever - they're my easy fallback when I need a quick potluck dessert. And they're great made with whole wheat flour, too! Thanks for trying them - PJ Hamel, baker/blogger, King Arthur Flour

YayaOrchid said...

I appreciate everyone's comments. They really are great brownies! But then you can't go wrong with a good recipe. We're just very fortunate to have a company like King Arthur Flour who is willing to share such a wonderful recipe with us.

Margaret Cloud said...

I am definately going to give these a try, they sound yummy. I would try them for their name, I raised a Robbin years ago named him King Arthur.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music