Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Brownies!

It rained today! After what seemed like decades of little to no rain, we were blessed with a good downpour this afternoon. I love dark, gloomy days, and if it's raining or cold, the better. It puts me in a baking mood! I have been wanting to try the King Arthur Flour Brownie Recipe, and today's rainy weather made it perfect for filling the house with the tantalizing aroma of baked goods. The recipe calls for a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips, but I only had just over half a bag, so I improvised and used 4 squares of baking chocolate to make up for the rest. I also added walnuts, which the recipe does not call for. Brownies without nuts? I don't think so!



I think I'll go have a tall, icy cold glass of milk to wash them down with. I'll admit, I'm not crazy about milk, but with certain desserts, nothing else will do! It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, so we'll have to see what other treat to bake up for then. I'm thinking some freshly baked loaves of bread would be nice. Then slather some butter on a couple of slices and drizzle with honey. Perfect to enjoy with some nice hot cream Earl Grey tea. We usually don't drink hot tea in the Summer, but if it's cloudy and overcast, we'll make believe it's cold outside!

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

Well I gotta tell you, I 'll be right over over brownies and a glass of milk. Girl!! You are making me hungry and you know that brownies will stick to my and your waistline, but hey who gives a brownie. Nice, very nice. Enjoy your week.

Oiyi said...

Yummy! That is my kind of brownie. I have to have walnuts in my brownies! And yes, a glass of milk is the perfect drink for brownies.

Our Red House said...

Oooh, could you please post that delish looking recipe? We don't have that brand of flour here in Oz so I can't get it for myself.

I agree with you; I much prefer cool baking weather to hot weather.

Kate

Wool Winder said...

We finally got some rain in our part of Texas too. The brownies look delicious!

YayaOrchid said...

Our Red House: If you click on the picture, the recipe on the cutout piece of paper shows. Hmm...but maybe I should post it so you can just copy and paste the text.

Woolwinder: Tracy, it's raining again this morning! Praise the Lord! I love rain!! Texans get so little of it, that when it comes, it's a BIG deal!

GLORIA said...

MMM QUE RICURA!!! CASI CASI LOS PUEDO OLER!!!
ADORO EL CHOCOLATE ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music