Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Milestone

I believe a male baby's first haircut is a milestone to be recorded for all time. This, like immunizations, is one of those first and necessary 'evils' which must be endured with all the stoic valor and strength of a gladiator. Like many things, at the very least, they can be an exercise in patience and trust. After all, sitting still for an adult wielding a razor apparatus which hums along at high speed would understandably make any child cringe. For that reason, I proudly present my Grandson Elias, who like his Father before him, sat like a veteran old timer at a barber shop for the first time in his life. Only this wasn't a traditional barber shop, but one of those new fandangled styling salons which caters to little ones desiring a new look, complete with little race cars to distract even the most fearful of kids. For Elias, however, it was the lollipop the stylist offered which did the job of calming his nerves:



Such a worried look on his face; but he persevered

And ta-da! He officially joins his Daddy in the haircut been there, done that club:

Cool as a cucumber, we can now enjoy a few rays of sun!

11 comments:

glorv1 said...

Elias is such a handsome lad. First haircut, that really is something and hey, you saved it all. Good job Yaya. It is good that you have a closeness with your immediate family as that is what is important. Take care.

Among the Hedgerows said...

Elias is adorable and very brave to have sat through his first haircut!

You asked me about the font I use in my photos (my apologies for taking so long to reply to you!) ... it's called Vivaldi and I use Photoshop to add it. Hope that helps!

And I was just wondering ... are you SewYaYa on Etsy???

Have a wonderful evening!

xo,
Lynda

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, yes we do try and stay in touch though we live in different cities. Thank you for your comment about Elias! :)

Lynda, I love the font you used, and wondered about it. Turns out I found a site where you can create and store signatures. And yes, I am SewYaya on Etsy. Thank you for stopping by. BTW, I LOVED the seam bindings I purchased from you as well as the little 'extra' gifts you tucked in with my parcel! :)

Wool Winder said...

Your grandson is a cutie with his new haircut!

Lisa said...

Love the thumb!

Oiyi said...

He is adorable! What a trooper.

glorv1 said...

YaYa, what is "sewyaya on etsy? I want to visit.

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, Lisa, and Oiyi: Thank you much for your comments:) I think he's cute myself.

Gloria: Etsy is an online 'shop' where crafters can sell their handmade goods. I registered there as SewYaya when I wanted to buy something from there (You need to register to buy anything). They have LOTS of great stuff! It's comparable in a way to Ebay, only you don't have to bid.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, I forgot to add the addy:

http://www.etsy.com/

Tea Time and Roses said...

Oh what a brave little sweetheart, and he is soooooo cute! A loving family is a special blessing. Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles...

Beverly

Amy said...

What a sweet boy!! You are a lucky grandma, indeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music