Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Sewing Project

This week I finally finished a sewing project I had mentioned on another post. I kept putting it off, and now I know why. The high chair cushion set was very hard to sew. I knew that going in because I had already made one for Elias in another type of fabric, sort of a muslin trial run. However, that first one I didn't quilt, and even so it was a pain to work on. Well, this one I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of quilting, but it was not one of my best works, I'll admit. I've only made one quilt ever before, and it was a small quilt for my chi Cocoa. It wasn't so hard to do because it was all straight lines and flat fabric. But this cushion set had curves, and I also applied piping. It was...challenging. But I finished it and I'm glad I did. This is how the finished product looks on Elias' high chair:


This part took a while to complete, although it's not difficult to make your own piping:

This is the back which has an elasticized band that goes over chair back.
A view of all three components of the project. And did I mention how many needles I broke? Five! I think I might have used too much batting.
It feels good to complete work that is on standby. Now perhaps I can get on with making my domestic wardrobe. And of course there will be pictures of that. Who knows, maybe even one of me modeling!?

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

How definitely sweet of you and it looks so good. Elias will be happy with this comfort.You did a great job, and he will love you more for it. On your signature, it still barely shows , the box around the signature that is. I stopped using mine because I was having problems when I went to edit html, and then paste, your name would come up?? How weird is that? Oh well, I'll just type my name. Nice job YaYa, your very good with your family. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Gloria! Thank you for your sweet comment.

I sent you an email!

Our Red House said...

Hi Gloria, you have a lovely blog. I think that high chair set is amazing. It must be wonderful to have a grandchild.

Thank you for visiting my blog and saying hello. It is always lovely to hear from a new reader.

Kate

Wool Winder said...

It was worth the effort--looks great!

Keri said...

Wow, Elias is one blessed (and cute) little boy! I love the high chair cover. Great idea!

GLORIA said...

QUE LINDO TE QUEDO LA SILLITA YAYA, Y LOS COLORES QUE ELEGISTE LUCEN MUCHÍSIMO.
SEGURAMENTE A ELIAS LE ENCANTÓ TANTA SUAVIDAD JAJAJA.
BESITOS MI YAYA QUERIDA ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music