Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, August 10, 2008

Waiting

The young girl wept, her face full of sadness;
A part of herself was lost forever,
That self esteem so needed in life,
Hence; no more blind faith in humanity
And no more senseless waiting,
For the joy she was sure would be hers.

After waiting for hours,
She reflected on the past,
On the months and the years of hopeful longing,
Of searching in those eyes for a trace of tenderness,
Of acceptance, of love.

It was her birthday, one more gone by
"I'm sure she'll come by" she said to herself,
"Today I am fifteen, such a special time, so important to me,
As I'm sure it is to her;
I will soon be a woman, time goes by so fast. She will see
Me in a new light; as I am no longer a child to be cast
Aside. I am, after all, a renewal of her life. She will see
That, and finally be proud."
She never came by, and the young girl wept.

I am that girl, now a woman of forty,
And the pain of that day, still dwells in my heart,
The hope of my youth never ceases to be.
That girl never vanished, she haunts all my thoughts
One day, I know, she will rest in peace.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

OH, YaYa...how sweet, sad, beautiful, and haunting... ((HUGS))

glorv1 said...

Well now we really have something in common, we both write poetry. How great is that. That was a very beautiful poem and a sad one as well. Writing poetry always helps the soul as does painting. Take care.

Wool Winder said...

Your feeling really comes through in this poem.

Among the Hedgerows said...

This brought tears to my eyes! I hope someday soon that girl will be able to rest in peace. May God bless you and help you to heal.

xo,
Lynda

YayaOrchid said...

I really appreciate everyone's kind comments. Sometimes it's scary to reveal one's inner thoughts on a blog. Thank you!

Tea Time and Roses said...

One thing I know...no one can completely mend a little girl's heart like our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Beverly

Lisa said...

Wow. That was really powerful. You have quite a talent with words.

GLORIA said...

HERMOSO POEMA YAYA! QUE BUENO QUE TE DECIDESTE PUBLICARLO EN EL BLOG Y COMPARTIR TUS SENTIMIENTOS.
VOY A LEER TU E-MAIL ... BESITOS ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music