Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Dishcloth

Another quiet and uneventful Saturday had me feeling like cooking up a small batch of Enchiladas Swisas, or Swiss Enchiladas. I followed a recipe from a Mexican chef on tv. It's just corn tortillas rolled up with shredded chicken and topped with a green tomatillo sauce. His recipe had you topping the enchiladas with Queso Chihuahua, which I could not find here locally. So I used what else but Swiss cheese! Very simple meal accompanied by rice, refried beans, and a salad. And our ever present limeade to wash it down with.



It also felt like a good day for knitting. I finished up a dishcloth using a pattern from this book:




It's called the Ballband Dishcloth and it's just so purty!!
But it doesn't knit up fast. It seemed to take forever to finish.
I had said I wouldn't do any more dishcloths. But I just had to try this pattern to see if I would like it enough to knit a few more. And I do. And I will. I've got some nice orange sherbet colored cotton yarn I'd like to use just for this. The only change I'll make is make it smaller. It's a bit too big for my taste. I'd say today was a good day!


4 comments:

glorv1 said...

Enchilada swisas, sound great. Do you mean Rick Bayless. I always watch him on Saturdays at 1:30. Today he made posole and he had some really nice looking bottles of tequilla. You talk of me being busy all the time, look at you. What kind of camera do you have? I need to learn to knit but with my trigger finger, I don't know. See you later and take care. I'm glad you had a good day.

YayaOrchid said...

I LOVE to watch Rick Bayless! His show is excellent! I too watch it on Saturdays on PBS.

No, the chef was on a Mexican channel. We get a couple of Mexican channels here
(I don't mean the cable channels, we get those too).

My camera is a Nikon. It's one of the older models. We're thinking of getting one of those SLR digital cameras. But I know nothing about photography, LOL!

Our Red House said...

That book looks fascinating, and I really like the dishcloth. Bright colours look great on dishcloths, don't they?

kate

Divamom said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm going to try some enchiladas this week. Yours sounded delish! Love your dishcloth too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music