Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finished Project

Back when I posted about finishing the second acorn hat for my Grandson, I didn't think it would take me so long. Two months have passed, and I finally finished it! Actually, it's been finished for a while, I just needed to sew on the little velcro spots. I hope it fits him because I made this one bigger than the first one I made. I do like these colors a bit more.



Also, after seeing the thick, plush dishcloths that everyone is making from the pattern Deb from HomespunLiving has so generously shared, I had to jump on the bandwagon and make some for myself. Well, only one, at this point anyway. But after seeing and feeling for myself how nice and practical it is, I'll be making some more. I really think I should have used a solid color, for the texture and 'waffles' to really show. I used a multi-color cotton yarn, and it doesn't do the pattern justice, I think. It was the only cotton yarn I had on hand, from the Peaches 'n Cream brand. The pattern calls for Lion Brand cotton. I couldn't find it here locally. Might have to order some online. I really want to have a whole set of them for the kitchen. I highly recommend using this pattern. I also found another really nice pattern for dishcloths in my MasonDixonKnitting book.

And now I'm off to do some housework. Then I'll get back to making another dishtowel or two.

10 comments:

glorv1 said...

yaya, yay I love that hat. Make me one and I will pay you for it. Just let me know what it costs and I will mail you a check or money order, whichever you prefer. I would like the same color of brownish or rust colored. It would be great for winter out in the back yard. What do you think? In any event, thats good work. Take care and may you have a great day.

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,

I would like to order a dozen. Can I get them before the 15th of September? I think that hat would go great down here, especially for la noche del grito de independencia :)

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, the only problem is I have to wait until I can either order it online, or until I can travel to Austin or San Antonio to buy washable wool yarn. Our Michael's and maybe Walmart carries wool, but it's not machine washable. So if you make something with their yarn and then wash it, it would shrink and felt. I am a 'yarn snob'! I only like to use natural fibers such as animal wools or cotton yarn. I can't stand to knit with acrylics. But I agree, it would make a really nice adult hat as well for Autumn and into Winter. I'll let you know when it's finished (I really will). I really had fun knitting these. little hats!

Bob: Sure I can finish them before Sept 15......in the year 2010! LOL!
Remember, it took me almost two months to finish this one! How do you want them? In green, red, and white? Boy that would be a sight! Seriously, I've seen some really nice 'earflap' hats sold in stores which are knitted by some of the Mexican or Peruan Indians. They are a true work of art! They have such beautiful and colorful designs. I sure wish I could knit like that!

glorv1 said...

Okay I will wait for the finished acorn hat. Take your time, no rush. Thank you. But remember this, I will not post a picture of myself with the hat on. Its basically for me and my yard and the cold weather. Okay? Okay. Thanks again.

Amy said...

YaYa...the hat is sweet! I love the colors and your knitting is impeccable. Look for the pattern toward the end of the week, I'm mailing it tonight.

Wool Winder said...

What a darling hat! The colors of the dishcloth are bright and cheery!

YayaOrchid said...

Amy: Thank you for your compliment! I do sometimes drop stitches, you know! Thanks for the pattern. :)

Tracy: Thank you! I assure you, the cloth is no where near as nice and pretty as yours! I think I'll stick to solid colors next time. I'm almost done with another one.

GLORIA said...

QUE BELLOS COLORES ESCOGISTE YAYA, LUCE MUY LINDO Y CALIENTITO, TU NIETO VA A LUCIR PRECIOSO CON EL ÉSTE INVIERNO.
BESITOS YAYA ♥

glorv1 said...

Remember to say a prayer for those left behind and for those that left this world on this day.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria: duly noted! Amen and Amen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music