Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Unexpected Blessings

A few days ago I had asked Amy from HomeAcre about a hat she had shown on her website. I wondered where I might obtain the pattern. She offered to send me the information about where she'd gotten it. Well, I was surely surprised when I received a package in the mail from her with not only what I had requested, but some sweet tokens she had included as well.


Aren't her crochet items just beautiful?

The gold bookmark is so pretty, as well as the little vintage brooch. The soap and crochet baggie are so functional--the soap smells wonderful!

And of course, because I love to knit, the Lamb's Pride wool yarn is such a luxurious gift! Amy, what a beautiful and thoughtful gesture!

I hesitated to write about this. I didn't know if it was appropriate to mention it. But you know, like that old 70's song says "What the world needs now is love", I wanted to in some small way highlight one act of goodwill...a random act of kindness. She knew and I know that she didn't have to do it. No one has to do anything nice for anyone. But what I'm left with is that sometimes, God whispers in our ears, and whether we 'obey' his voice is left totally up to us. He touches the hearts of men, and sometimes a heart of stone can be turned into a heart of flesh and feeling. I choose to see this as a gift from the Lord himself. I am in awe of his goodness!

One thing I do know for sure, to those who listen to and heed his voice, he has great things in store for them. Thank you Amy!


14 comments:

Amy said...

YaYa, as I finish reading your post, I'm chokin' up...you're a sweetie. Glad I made you smile.

glorv1 said...

That was very nice of your friend Amy to do that. Her crochet items are beautiful and I can almost smell that soap. Lucky you Yaya. Glad she put a smile on your face. Take care.

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,
You should write more. You are a talented writer and definitely have a way with words. You are also a gentle person and that shows in everything that you do. I'm sure that God is smiling at what you wrote.

GLORIA said...

QUE DULCE ERES YAYA, QUE LINDOS REGALOS.QUE LOS DISFRUTES AMIGA.
YA QUIERO VER QUE OBRA DE ARTE HARÁS CON EL ESTAMBRE!!!

BESITOS ♥

Wool Winder said...

It's the simple acts of kindness that mean so much. What a blessing.

Creations from my heart said...

Isnt' Amy's work wonderful. Amy happens to be my best friend. We have known each other for over 20 years. She is a kind and gentle soul. Blessings, Sherry

YayaOrchid said...

To everyone: Thank you for your kind comments! I love getting feedback, and when it's so sweet as this, I am just thrilled!

glorv1 said...

YaYa, I think you would like this blog called no place like home, Its up your alley. Right now there are some yummy looking cupcakes. They look so good, I am going to make them. noplacelikehome.blogspot.com

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Gloria, I'll go check it out.

Oiyi said...

What a great package! The crochet is gorgeous.

Thank you for your comment about my daughter. She seems to have quite an affect on people. I am not sure why either, but whenever we go out, people are drawn to her.

glorv1 said...

yaya it is actually kellishouse.blogspot.com

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks, Gloria! It really is a beautiful blog. I'll be visiting it as well.

Kelli said...

Thank you for visiting my blog, it's nice to meet you! What a wonderful package you received from a thoughtful friend!
~Kelli

Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! That is lovely...nothing like fun, happy mail from a blog friend! :o) Sweet treats you have there...Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music