Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Cold!

The early hours of the morning gave us our first inkling of cool weather for the first time since Summer ended. We actually took out a warm blanket to add to our sheets. An even better indication is that I am actually wearing my soft fuzzy sock slippers around the house for the first time this season also. My feet are cold! I'm not about to turn on the heat when the temperature outside is 75F degrees and the sun is shining brightly! According to the little weather icon on the google bar, the low was only 52F degrees today. I can only imagine how cold it must feel in regions northward. On television, I see images of people all bundled up in coats and scarves. Not so where I live. Of the cool blast from last night, only cold feet remain.

8 comments:

glorv1 said...

Yaya today over here was 83/52 and tomorrow, 86/56...so it is still very mild. At least it is not longer "hot." I love wooly slippers like that. I used to have some huge monkey slipper that eventually gave out. Would you believe I had them since the early 80's and they gave out in the 90's. They made stuff better then. Have a great evening.
Gloria

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, I figured it would be a lot cooler where you live, since you're in northern California. I guess we have a few weeks more before we can actually enjoy some really COLD weathr!

Yes, I love to wear soft 'bootie' socks in the Winter, LOL! Do you usually wear shoes around the house? I like to go barefoot, but in cold weather my feet do get cold.

glorv1 said...

I don't wear shoes in the house yaya, I wear those sock type of shoes, probably like the one's you are talking about. I was just here on my blog typing up some comments on my ofrenda for the 2nd Nov. After I upload my pix, I will leave the comments about my family. In any event, wear those booties nice and cozy. Take care.

Beth said...

It's 46 degrees outside right now here on the North Shore of Massachusetts. My mother, in NJ (300 miles south of me), actually got five inches of wet snow today. I need to go find my slippers - I haven't worn them in months! Enjoy your cool spell & your warm toes, Beth

YayaOrchid said...

Beth, that is some COLD weather you have there! Here we can only dream of snow.

Wool Winder said...

We got a little cool weather here too. The good thing is that it never lasts long and usually the sun shines even when it's chilly. I love that about Texas fall and winter.

Tonya said...

We had our first frost yesterday and it's 37 here, today. We've had a little rain that became froze, so lots to defrost off the car this morning. I'm wearing my socks and my houseshoes! Plus my hands are cold, weird fact - my right hand more so than my left. I always have cold hands...but since moving to England - my feet are always cold too.

YayaOrchid said...

Traci, yep, the sun is shining today also! I like cloudy skies and cold weather. I'm just so tired of the heat.

Tonya, I guess snow isn't too far away for you'll. Weatherchannel showed snow up in the NY area. I can't even begin to imagine how cold it must feel up there when in the throes of Winter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music