Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Food Inspiration from A Can

As I was walking the aisles of the grocery store yesterday, I happened to see a picture of a recipe on a container of breadcrumbs. It sure looked good! I thought to myself "Self, why don't you see what you need to get to make this yummy recipe?" Being that I was already in a food store, I quickly surmised that I could find all I needed to bring to fruition my plans of delivering on a tasty and nutritious meal for my better half and myself.

After quickly scanning the recipe, I found I only needed to buy the breadcrumb container so I could get the recipe. If only the recipe had been on a seasoned breadcrumbs container. As it was, I was stuck with plain breadcrumbs. But not to worry, I said to myself. Seasoning breadcrumbs is easy and inexpensive, and what's best I happen to have a well stocked herb and seasonings pantry.

After finishing up my shopping jaunt, I headed home and put away my foodstuff. Ah! But this meal would have to wait one day. And that day happened to be today! So many 'day' words in this paragraph, I must admit, sure can make my day!

And so without further ado, I present my version of the breadcrumb canister recipe: Swedish Meatballs!


I say my version, because I have been known to tweak a recipe here and there. The original recipe had no 'extras', only basics such as salt and pepper. I threw in some garlic powder, Emeril's 'Bam' seasoning, parsley flakes, and some grated parmesan cheese. I also opted to add some chopped green poblano peppers and a wee bit of celery to the meat mixture.

Paired with some plain egg noodles, I'd say it's a good combination.


The finished product already plated:
Believe me, it tastes better than it looks. The food colors look dull in this light somehow.

On to some other news, a fun project helped keep me busy.

I'm speaking of course of this lovely yarn I received from Amy not too long ago. I posted about it here. I'll be making a basic brimmed felted hat. But boy! At this point it's huge! Which is understandable, being that after it's washed, it will shrink considerably. I can hardly wait to get to the felting stage. That is just so much fun for me! I think it's the total transformation of the fibers which enthralls me. I absolutely love this color too. Perfect for this time of year!

And that's it for now. Armed with my journal and lovely necklace pens, I'm set to begin blogging with more frequency now. We can hope, can't we?

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, that looks delicious and very warming on a fall day!
~Kelli

Wool Winder said...

I'm hungry now. Felting a hat will be fun!

glorv1 said...

That does look delicious, hope you enjoyed your meal. Have fun making the hat and have a great Thursday.

Amy said...

The dish looks good. I'm worried the one skein won't be enough for the felted hat. I can't remember what the directions called for. I do love that color, at any rate.

Lori said...

you've inspired me to try a new recipe this week! :^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music