Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, October 19, 2008

From The Pumpkin Patch

One of the nicest aspects of this time of year is the visit to the pumpkin patch. What Grandparent doesn't look forward to receiving pictures from the little ones frolicking in the midst of such beautiful Autumnal fruits?

With glee I received some pictures of my Precious! He is growing so fast, and has already begun walking. Now we have to chase him to keep up with him! So it's no surprise that he had a wonderful time when his Parents took him to visit the pumpkin patch. Along with enjoying the sights and smells of various kinds of pumpkins and apples, he also enjoyed his first pony ride. Wish I could have been there!

Enjoying some rays of sunshine among the blaze of orange splendor!


Here, his Daddy showing him the reins...

He also got to paint his very own pumpkin. Last I heard, it's part of the Fall decor around his house. Here, he is so focused on the job at hand with a little help from his Mommy. Great job, Elias!

It's always great to see pictures of the family. I do wish we lived closer to them and could see my Precious every day!

It's wonderful that the Holidays are coming up, so family get-togethers are in store for all of us! I am so looking forward to Christmas! And it's right around the corner now! It's such a magical time of year. Hopefully by then we'll get some nice cold weather. But for now, onward we trod, trying to keep up with the times.

12 comments:

Beth said...

It looks like your grandson had a great time at the pumpkin patch! I love his orange shirt - he blended right in with the pumpkins.

I know what you mean about family being far away - my brothers, sisters, parents - everyone - lives 300 miles from here. Sometimes it's nice. But other times it would be much better to have them around the corner.

Thinking happy holiday thoughts for all, Beth

Wool Winder said...

Elias is precious! I don't have any grandchildren yet, but you sure make me want one. :)

glorv1 said...

It's too bad you couldn't have been there. It was very nice of your son to send you the pix because they are great. I agree with Beth, he blended right in with the pumpkins.

Oiyi said...

Awww...that is sweet. It must be so hard for you.

We live away from our family, too. My in-laws have learned to use email just so they can see monthly pictures of Melody.

Yeah, the holidays are a great time for family get togethers. I am looking forward to that also.

Deanna said...

Awww, he's precious! We just went to our pumpkin patch and Grandma came down just to go with us. We don't have any relatives near us, but IL's from 10 hours up make it down every 2 months or so.

Heather said...

What fun you must have had--and a pony ride. Very sweet. I wish my mom and dad could have gone with us--but the 25 hour drive is a little prohibitive.

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Those pumpkins make beautiful pictures.

Tracy said...

Look at that little pumpkin of yours!! Elias is sooo cute...aaaawww...Thanks for sharing your outing to the pumpkin patch. I just love pumpkins, pumpkin patches--everything about fall! Happy Days, YaYa :o) (HUGS))

annamae said...

Oh so precious and fun, we are doing pumpkins this weekend! I know what you mean about family living at a distance too! thank God for the internet and digital cameras! :)

Tea Time and Roses said...

How sweet is this! :o) He is the cutest little thing and really growing too! I too love the pumpkin patch, one of the joys of Autumn!

Smiles...

Beverly

glorv1 said...

hi yaya. just stopped by to say hi and thx for stopping by and congratulating me on the 100th. How time flies, huh. I have pictures of my dad's empty house that sold this year and I was going to do a post on that when I get a chance. Take care. gloria

seemommysew said...

What adorable pics! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music