Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sneak Preview

MY LITTLE YODA

During my Son's visit, they shared with us a view of the costume Elias will wear for his trick or treating outing. Fortunately, his costume is not of the scary sort. I have always felt that 'cute' would be the only kind of costume I could possibly approve of for my Children or Grandchildren. While I had no say in this costume, I am just tickled pink over the choice. A cuter Yoda character you will not see!



I suppose a disclaimer is in order. My two Sons as children were allowed to dress up in costumes for trick or treating. However, as time passed, and I came to understand Scripture more, I came to the conclusion that Halloween is a pagan celebration, not unlike the rituals passed down through the ages and certainly one which has no place in a Christian follower's life. It is a delicate subject to broach. It is for that reason that I seldom do." 'Tis best to live your life as you see fit, and let others do the same." I do try to live by that adage, but when you know something of great importance, and there is any degree of danger involved, but still you don't share it.... then you in a sense become responsible for any harm which befalls due to ignorance.
As to my own Sons, they are adults. They know my feelings and views. All I can do is pray for them always. My hope is that they would seek to know the Lord more. To walk closer to him, to want what the Lord wants for their lives. To seek to please him over all others, even when that may be difficult.
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel, 3:18

8 comments:

glorv1 said...

Oh my, that is some ending. I had an uncle name Ezekiel, in fact my grandmother named all her sons names in the bible. Thank you for that.
Your Elias is adorable in his costume and will have a lot of fun, like we did when we were kiddos. How fun the little Yoda. Thx for sharing and I will remember your words. Talk to you later.
gloria

Beth said...

Yoda is so cute!

Tracy said...

Elias is adorable as Yoda...too, too cute!! Wishing you & your a very Spooktacular Halloween, YaYa ((HUGS))

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Aww, he's so cute! My mom wouldn't let us dress up as anything gross or scary when we were kids, and I didn't understand why, but now I'm going to do the same. :)

glorv1 said...

I just stopped by to say I added a link on the I heart you little tag so that people can click straight to you. Hows that! Take care

Deanna said...

He's adorable! :)

Oiyi said...

Very cute Yoda!

Joy said...

I just saw this post. You must have been shocked by my Aztec underworld photos...or are you OK with that?

I must admit, I take a different world view to perspectives on religion/why we're all here on this great planet. I have always felt a strong connection to Pagan rituals and imagery -- I blame it on my poor Irish roots. I think it's a beautiful thing, nothing to fear. Sort of like Aztec traditions and Day of the Dead in Mexico. It existed long before Christianity, and it's just another way of seeing the world.

But I respect your decision to feel otherwise, and I absolutely think it's wonderful that you live and let live! Halloween is a great time for kids to play make-believe, the beginnings of creativity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music