Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Cozy Meal

Today's lunch was grilled cheese sandwiches and soup from a can. It doesn't get any easier or simpler than that. Now, when we really get cold weather, I hope to make some REAL soup, aka Caldo de Res (Beef Soup) a hearty and robust meal in itself. Menudo would also be nice for keeping us warm. The spicy soup made with beef tripe, hominy, and red chile seasonings is said to also be a cure for a hangover.

What a wonderful thing that by cooking and baking we can stay warm and cozy. I love that!

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

Oh how nice, it must really be cooling off out that way. Today over here it is a little cool, not much though. I think the inside of the house is cooler than outside. Lunch sounds good, I hadn't thought about it because I've been busy, but now I'm hungry. I think though, I will wait for dinner, chicken salad. Enjoy your cool weather and caldo sounds great.

glorv1 said...

yaya I left the recipe on my blog. You can see it but you will probably have to strain your eyes a little. Print it out first and and that don't work, I will email it to you.

Deborah said...

Perfect - I love grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.

Hugs,
Deborah

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Gloria! The recipe sounds delicious! I've already copied it and saved it in my recipe files.

YayaOrchid said...

Deborah, that too sounds wonderful! All I had on hand was some chicken noodle. But I have heard that grilled cheese goes great with tomato soup. I'll try that next time!

Tracy said...

Soup and grilled cheese...the best fall lunch, I think...mmm...Happy Eating, YaYa! ((HUGS))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music