Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, November 30, 2008

Purpose

Well, our youngest Son has gone back to Austin and back to the grind of school. My better half, for whom I still cannot think of a nickname to refer to him, (obviously I can't refer to him by the lovey dovey nick I use at home) has also left for work. I am left here alone, trying to collect my thoughts and seize upon a plan for carrying out all my Holiday commitments. I had planned, or rather hoped, that by today I would have already had the Christmas tree up and the Holiday cards sent out. It was not to be. But there is always tomorrow. I am in the midst also of finishing up my Holiday Traditions Exchange Swap package. I took a break on it due to the Thanksgiving festivities. As of now, I only have a couple little finishing touches, and hopefully, can get it in the mail earlier than expected. I don't want to feel angst or stress about this year's Christmas season, as in previous years. I want to enjoy every moment and every day, because all too soon, it's over. This year, however, I do have a different perspective. No more trying to please with elaborate or pricey gifts. I'm all for the handmade gift if at all possible. These really are times for cutting back and spending less. I think that helps in staying centered and focused on more important things, such as our Spiritual and Family life. I do look forward to the days ahead, and do so with a renewed sense of purpose and ''the Reason for the Season'' mentality. This is about celebrating the ultimate gift, the birth of a Savior!
Ezekiel 34: 23, 24
And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.

17 comments:

glorv1 said...

I love that La Pasion cd, it is great. It's a nice touch. Well yaya, I think we are all pretty much feeling the same things. I too will pass on the stress and just enjoy each day as it comes. We have so much to be thankful for that to me presents are not the issue. Just take your time about things yaya and all will be okay. Take care.

Amy said...

Hi Idalia...I'm with Gloria, I love the music. I'm with you on the "simple is better" this year. Have a nice day tomorrow to start off your week.

Beth said...

I'm with you. I'm making a bunch of gifts this year. I'm sure my nieces & nephews with DS's will think I'm a tad strange but I'd rather be the strange aunt that gave them something I made thinking of them than a gift certificate to Toys R Us. Enjoy, Beth

YayaOrchid said...

I think that is definitely a resonating theme in these difficult times. It's actually a good thing to use what you have and make do with less. I'm all for that too! Thank you ladies for your comments!

Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! I relate too to the "less is more" ideal...the over commercialization of the holidays does not appeal to me at all. I try to do handmade as much as possible. But don't stress yourself...keep up the fun while you work! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Wool Winder said...

Good luck with all of your holiday preparations!

glorv1 said...

Yaya , hi and hope all is fine. I wanted to ask you to say a prayer for Renee of circlingmyhead.blogspot.com
She is going for tests today on her cancer and of course is hope for the best results. Thanks and I appreciate it.

carrie said...

I hope you do better than me... I'm such a procrastinator. Good luck with the handmade!

Oiyi said...

I want to do handmade gifts, too, this year. Let's hope we all get everything done.

Renee said...

I want you to know that I had tests all day today and many things went wrong. After the sixth needle in my arm after praying 'God let it go' it just wasn't going to happen so I had to have the test without the dye I need.

I seriously at that point thought screw God and came home crying like the big 52 year old baby I am.

I just read your comment about you believing and that God will help me and that you will pray and you have touched me so much. So much that you will never know.

I know that God sent you to me via Gloria's blog to help comfort me.

I want you to know that. As I write my post tomorrow and chronicle what happened today, you will be in it because you reminded me of the possible.

I am rambling so I will let you go.

Thank you once again for your heartfelt words.

You have a beautiful blog and I will visit every day.

Renee Khan

glorv1 said...

Thanks yaya for praying for Renee. I'm crying right now because I felt the prayer and Renee's words. Thank you again.

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Absolutely fantastic post! Good job!
Great! Keep writing…….
Good week……… Welcome to my blog…….

Deanna said...

I too try to make a commitment to simplify and so as much homemade as I can! :) Of course I'm now stressing at trying to get my duaghter's holiday outfit done for her program at preschool tomorrow!

Thank you for your post!

Renee said...

Morning Yaya:

Just wanted to stop by and look at your beautiful little grandson and your lovely self.

Have a great day.

Love Renee

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Idalia!

What a lovely post, and I sure am with you...less is better. I love what I call a "handmade" Christmas. As most of my gifts to others are handmade from the heart. Love the music here. Have a lovely rest of the week!

Smiles...

Beverly

seemommysew said...

amen! :) SO easy to forget, but so important!

glorv1 said...

Hi Yaya, just stopped by to say hi and thx for stopping by my blog as you always do. I saved you some mole but we are eating tonight:) Hope you post soon, cus I'm gonna start bugging you every day to post if you don't do something quickly. Take care and have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music