Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Monday, December 22, 2008

100th Post!

Well, my birthday has come and gone, and I still feel as though I'm 25 years old! I only wish I looked 25 I don't mind looking a little older...it's part of life. For anyone wondering how old I am, I should probably respond as my Father in law does: I'm almost 29! Seriously, though, I'm just past the half century mark...51! Where has the time gone? Funny how we are not conscious of the passage of time or of aging. Only when I look in the mirror do I see too many to count a few creases here and there. What else are they called? Character lines! Oh yes, I have quite a bit of character. Well, I'm still not too old to learn a new thing now and then. Thanks to Carrie of Dixie Mango I learned a new little technique which I have executed on this very post: scratching out words.....how cool is that! I always wondered how that's done. You now, it's funny but in blogland there are countless people who will go the extra mile to help you when you have a question or want to learn something. And then there are those people I call little Scrooges who don't really like to share their knowledge. I've met a couple of those on this here virtual dimension. So when I encounter someone like Carrie, I like to give a shout out and a heads up. She is one nice lady!

Oh, yes! And I have managed to arrive at 100 posts on this very day. It only took me from September 2007 to today to accomplish that. Another one for the record book (my personal record book that is). I do hope there'll be many more to come.

Well, we're all just three days away from Christmas. I don't know if I'll post again before then, although I would like to. But just in case, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

14 comments:

glorv1 said...

Oh Happy Birthday and hope you had a great one. 100th post, that good. Shows you are blogging. I'm waiting till the 31st to do my
200th. I can't believe I have been yakking that much. Well one is only as old as they feel. Keep a smile on your face and that increases your face value, thats what someone once told me. So I try to smile all the time. I thought your were gone to your inlaws already. Take care.

Bob Mrotek said...

Here in Mexico sometimes I hear women say "ta y ocho" when asked how old they are. The "ta" could be treinta, cuarenta, or cincuenta or whatever. You just have to guess :)

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, thank you for the belated b-day wish! My inlaws live here in town. When we go out of town, it's to my Son's or to my sister in law's. We're spending Christmas here in town. The boys are coming down to visit.

Bob, that sounds to me like a 'almost 29' reply, LOL! Funny how some folks are sensitive about age. I love getting older, and even the gray hairs are something I don't mind one little bit. Not!

Oh, fountain of youth where art thou?!

Keri said...

Happy 100 Yaya! And Happy Birthday as well! I hope your Christmas preparations are going well!

YayaOrchid said...

Keri, it's nice to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!Christmas is coming along, thank you!

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, 200 posts...now that's a celebration waiting to happen! You're almost there, amiga!

I like your comment about keeping a smile on the face to increase face value....har,har,har!!

She'sSewPretty said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Blogaversary!! You don't look a day over 29! LOL

Beth said...

Congrats on reaching 100 posts! Keep on keeping on, Beth

Renee said...

Merry Christmas YaYa and Happy belated birthday. I see you are nearly a baby at 51, I know because I'm older at 52.

Congrats on your 100th post.

I was thinking of Karma baby. When you wrote about someone helping you, it wasn't too long ago that you were helping me put in music.

Have a wonderful, blessed, loving time with your family.

Love Renee

YayaOrchid said...

Betty: That's nice to hear! (and I believe you, LOL!)

Beth: Thank you! I will keep on trying....

Renee: Thank you for your always nice comments. We're probably just a few months apart on the age difference. Young...very young indeed!

Deborah said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!

The best to you and yours,
Deborah

Tonya said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday, and congrats on your 100th post!

Also, Patchwork Pjs is now http://tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Tonya

Tea Time and Roses said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you my friend! Also a big Congratulations on your 100th post, and wishing you many many more! I hope you and your sweet family enjoyed the brightest most beautiful Christmas Day ever!! Have a lovely rest of the week!

Smiles...

Beverly

carrie said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm glad I could help and that you understood my ramblings enough to do it. You go girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music