This is one of the projects I worked on just a day or two before Christmas. It was finished on Christmas Eve, using a free pattern I found on this magazine.
I think this is a better view of the apron:
And here's the finished product. It came together quickly, which is always good. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun to make! I was told by the recipient that she really liked it.
In making this apron, I am most grateful that I found this tutorial in Anna's blog. If you scroll down to number 4, which is the part where she shares how to make the waistband, it shows such a simple method for giving a nice finishing touch to apron strings. I found that I can also use this method for any type of straps, and eliminates the need for difficult 'turning' of the fabric. I used the technique when I had to make the ties for my Grandson's high chair pads. It came in so handy! I saved it under favorites and I refer to it often.
I've been keeping myself busy making vintage looking tags using rubber stamps. It's fun, but I know there are better ways to make them. I do plan to make some more aprons, so I have enough to keep me occupied for a while. Until next time, may joy continue to abide in our lives.