Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Apron

Christmas has come and passed, but I am happy to say it is still in my heart. I feel that warm glow which fills life during the Holidays. There is joy in giving, o heart of mine! And when your gifts are handmade, it feels awesome!

This is one of the projects I worked on just a day or two before Christmas. It was finished on Christmas Eve, using a free pattern I found on this magazine.

I think this is a better view of the apron:

And here's the finished product. It came together quickly, which is always good. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun to make! I was told by the recipient that she really liked it.

In making this apron, I am most grateful that I found this tutorial in Anna's blog. If you scroll down to number 4, which is the part where she shares how to make the waistband, it shows such a simple method for giving a nice finishing touch to apron strings. I found that I can also use this method for any type of straps, and eliminates the need for difficult 'turning' of the fabric. I used the technique when I had to make the ties for my Grandson's high chair pads. It came in so handy! I saved it under favorites and I refer to it often.
I've been keeping myself busy making vintage looking tags using rubber stamps. It's fun, but I know there are better ways to make them. I do plan to make some more aprons, so I have enough to keep me occupied for a while. Until next time, may joy continue to abide in our lives.

10 comments:

glorv1 said...

That is a very nice apron yaya. I've still yet to begin. For now I am trying to clean out my hallway linen closet because it was stuffed with things I don't use and some I do, but I have to decide what I want and what I don't. Glad you are still feeling the glow of Christmas. I bought some stamp pads the other day at Michael's, they were on sale. I
am going to get some tags, like the one's you gave me so that I can doctor them up. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Gloria! I had a lot of fun making the apron. I think I'll wait till the new year to do cleaning out and sorting. Kinda of a new year's resolution?

Beth said...

I love the apron and can't wait to try that tutorial out on the apron I am planning on making me soon! Thanks, Beth

Peggy said...

Cool apron! I've never heard of or seen Mary Jane's Farm magazine before, is it all needlecrafty?

YayaOrchid said...

Beth, you will be very glad you found her technique. It really simplifies an otherwise arduous task.

Peggy, it's a great magazine, and includes all kinds of projects, including gardening and such. There is also a forum. This is the main page, where you can subscribe to the magazine: http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/

Tracy said...

HI, YaYa! LOVE the apron---what a beautiful result. I like MaryJane's Farm, but can't get here, so do some on trips home. So glad to catch up with you and see you're enjoying a wonderful holiday! We're just back from our Christmas trip to the US and getting over the jet lag and settling in...ringing in 2009 will be quiet here-LOL! Wishing you & yours love & joy in the New Year! ((HUGS))

Tea Time and Roses said...

Wishing you and your family the very best New Year ever!! Happy 2009!!

Smiles...

Beverly

glorv1 said...

I JUST STOPPED BY TO WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS TO YOU AND YOURS!! YAY!!

Renee said...

Yaya I love the apron, honestly if there was a back to it, it could have been a really nice skirt, that is how nice it is.

Great job and happy new year baby to you and your family.

Love Renee

carrie said...

Very Cute! Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music