Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, December 7, 2008

From 1997



I was adding music to my playlist and came upon this song. The first time I heard it, the big news of the day was the passing on of Princess Diana. For that reason, each time I hear it, I think of her. She truly was a Princess of her people even on a global scale, in my opinion. I greatly admired her, and to me, her death was a great loss. Funny how someone you don't know can touch your life or your heart. I know this is not a very cheerful post. Most people consider the thought or discussion of death as a very morose and somber subject. I too used to be afraid of the thought of death or dying. Cemeteries and the monuments within were a somewhat frightful sight. Yet, when I came to ask the Lord Jesus into my heart and into my life, that changed. You develop, or rather perhaps 'acquire' a new understanding of 'it'. And most importantly, while yes you want to live a long and healthy life, that is no longer the ultimate goal. So that then your mantra becomes more like "I'm not from here, I'm just passing through" (which is a line from one of the hymns we would sing in church) And you have a realization that beyond that moment we all dread, the sting of death, is everything we lived a lifetime longing for. There is a requirement though...... the fine print if you will. There must needs be a transformation....a new birth. I call it the best decision I ever made. So while salvation from certain and eternal death is a free gift, you have to make the conscious decision that you want it. And when you want something, you find out what you need to get it. In the case of salvation, it's simple. Acknowledge that you have sinned before God and repent. Then accept his Son Jesus Christ as your Savior from that final judgement of death. You ask him into your heart to be the ruler of your life. Once you do that, there will be a celebration in heaven (Luke 15:7) He creates the transformation in you. Slowly, over time, you are refined like fine silver or gold. It doesn't happen overnight. It might take a lifetime, but you will show the fruits of this change. Just don't go looking at man for perfection, even those who are called Christians. We are all still flesh, and when you read the Bible, you will understand that our whole lives we have to do battle with the impulses of our flesh and with 'principalities' whose main goal is to try and make us fall. Only Christ is perfect. So keep your eyes on him and him only. And hold on tight to his hand...very tight!

If you are agnostic, it will be very difficult to believe. And you see, the problem with that is that in order to 'enter the kingdom of God' you must believe even as a small child. For some, that is just too much to ask for. So no, not everyone will be saved. Even as in the days of Noah, while he was building the ark. He was called a fool and worse things, and many perished because they just could not believe.

Like the song in the video says, we all hope to someday see our loved ones who have gone before us. I really like this video, it's about a common human experience. Loss and death. And it makes you stop and think. But thankfully, when you have hope and salvation, it's not the end.


5 comments:

glorv1 said...

That was really an intense post yaya. I really liked that song as well. I remember Lady Di too, and remember how sad it was. I also remember when John John's accident happened. That too, was a real loss. They are in their new life though and happier than they ever were. Thanks yaya for such a nice post. Have a great week.

Bob Mrotek said...

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing it will be.
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and SHOUT the victory!

Tracy said...

Lovely post, YaYa...I was, still am, a big Princess Diana fan too. :o) And I like to think that where we go after this earthly plane is beyond an wonderful dream we can have. :o) Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

Renee said...

Yaya:

It is a beautiful thing to see ones faith.

I don't find it morose to talk of dying, as I have to face it every day. I wrote a post on September 18, 2008 entitled From the Trenches. I think you might like it as it talks about people not wanting to talk about death.

I have a few more posts I have started about that last taboo subject.

Have a great day.

Love Renee

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, It's nice to hear from you.
I will definitely be looking forward to your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music