Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, January 17, 2009

Because I Remembered Selena

I don't rightly remember how it came up, but I mentioned in a comment Selena Quintanilla's music. I had meant to add one of her songs to my playlist, but decided instead to just include a video of one of her performances. A young lady who was struck down in the bloom of her life back in 1995, she left a lasting impression on the Mexican and Mexican American community. I suppose because she represented the hopes of those who aspire to 'make it' in an English speaking and Anglo-Saxon dominated industry. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as Jerry Seinfeld would say. But in all fairness, being designated 'ethnic' never made reaching success easy. There are of course, a few exceptions. All debates aside, Selena was talented and beautiful, two ingredients which are absolutely necessary in her field. This was just one of her songs.

5 comments:

glorv1 said...

Yaya, what are you doing up at 1:04 am. Wow, I'm sound asleep and probably snoring at that time.
Yes I do remember Selena. Her life was too short and that is unfortunate and very sad. Who knows what she would have done in her life had it not been cut down. Thx for sharing such a great artisit. Its morning and my esposo just left for work so I'm getting some things I need ready to take out to the studio and spend much of the day in there. I hope. Take care. My laptop comes soon, so I'll be able to take that in the studio. Take care.

Elaine said...

Yaya...thanks for sharing the video. I always thought Selena was so beautiful and so talented!
It's so nice to see you back. You were missed. I was beginning to think maybe you were ill or something. Glad to hear it was your computer and not you....even though it can be SO PAINFUL to be wihtout our computers! LOL Welcome back.
Elaine

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Elaine! So sweet of you to comment! Thank you for stopping by!

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, I thought I had already responded to your comment. Sorry about that. Well, my Sweetie is working the night shift, so I go to bed VERY late now. It's hard to sleep sometimes. Hope you have a great week!

glorv1 said...

Yaya, come to my blog and pick up the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music