Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chorizo con Huevos

Which came first, the egg or the chicken, or in this case the piggy? I'm still not sure which is the correct way to say it; is it chorizo con huevos or huevos con chorizo? Anyhow, what a great way to start the day! A steaming plate of spicy chorizo cooked with scrambled eggs. For this meal I also added some beans. I could have done the beans on the side, maybe refried. This however was pretty good.



Flour tortillas are nice in case you want to make tacos out of your meal. But I can't take credit for making them though.


These come from the store uncooked. Simply cook over a hot comal or griddle.
Sometimes it's nice to take shortcuts. Some hot, strong coffee goes really good with this classic Mexican breakfast.


6 comments:

glorv1 said...

That looks real good. I alway the that song, Papas con chorizo and always thought it was chorizo con huevos. Either way it has a ring to it and it's delish. Even my dog chorizo always ate some with me. I used beef instead of pork. She loved it. She'd give me goo goo eyes when she was eating, like if she was saying, thank you momsy, thank you. That looks real tasty.

glorv1 said...

Oh I forgot to tell you to mail me some.:)) Know what I'm making for din din? Hot wings. I bought some crab salad, and I'll open up a can of chili beans. Doctor it up a bit because I don't like canned stuff. Those tortillas that you bought raw, I've never seen that. That's pretty cool. Its a good thing once in a while. Hey I better go, just got home and need to put stuff away and do a little cleaning. I'm adding more to those collage things and I think I'm getting the hang of it, I still prefer just painting on canvas and wood. Be back later, take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, You made me smile with the comment about Chorizo's 'goo goo' eyes, LOL!

Hey, your dinner plans sound wonderful. I haven't had wings in a while. Crab salad also sounds great, and a good accompaniment to the wings. You have yourself a great day!

Renee said...

Yummy. What is that? Is it like a fried hambuger?

Looked good.

Love Renee

Elaine said...

Yaya...I've got to try this breakfast. Christopher had chorizo at a friends house recently and he loved it. He swears Jim and I would love it too. I've seen it on the menu at restaurants but have never tried it. Now I have no excuse. I think I'll surprise Christopher over the weekend and make him this breakfast. It looks yummy!
Elaine

seemommysew said...

mmmm....that looks so yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music