Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Evening Garden

I was out and about in the garden enjoying the warmer temps we had today. Lately, with the cool weather we've had, other than going out for my walks, I tend to stay indoors. And my plants have suffered somewhat. As evidenced by my brugmansia or Angel Trumpet, the plant was sorely in need of water. The leaves start to wilt and sag, and the flowers fail to fully open when the plant is thirsty. Almost as soon as you water it, it begins to perk up. In our zone, they do well with daily waterings. And in optimal conditions, what a sight they offer! Gorgeous pendulous flowers hang from every stem. They also emit a wonderful aroma.


It's also a treat watching Miss Kitty trying to avoid getting her delicate paws wet!

I do think though, that she enjoys being out just as much as I do.
She's not afraid of my clunky Crocs either!

It's supposed to stay warm for a few days before we get another cool front. I'll do my best to enjoy being outdoors more often again. I have more pictures of the garden to take. Most of the trees have shed all their leaves, but there is still a lot of greenery in the garden. I guess our next few posts will be about the garden then!

13 comments:

glorv1 said...

You ought to see our backyark, yuk.
It is vrey messy. Maybe I'll do some yard photos as well. I'm actually running out of things to blog about. I mean, I don't want my whole life story blogified. :)
Whatever. Miss Kitty seems content and of course it has to do with the sun. My cat Michael is 19 years and will be 20 in May. Long live the cat. Hasta luego.

YayaOrchid said...

Same here, Gloria. It's hard to think of things to blog about, just like when you're writing a journal.

I would love to see pics of your cat. Miss Kitty showed up in our yard last Winter. She was a kitten. I'm guessing she is now over a year old.

Wool Winder said...

We're having nice weather, too. I'm enjoying the sunshine while it's here. I would love to see more of your garden.

Amy said...

I wish I could take a turn out in my garden. Not for a few more months...I'll be patient.

glorv1 said...

Yaya, I checked on the snow on my blog and it doesn't have a link and I just can't remember where I got it. I think it may have been from blogger free gadgets. Not sure. Sorry.

YayaOrchid said...

Traci, I'm glad you'll got some nice weather too. But there's another blast of cold coming down next week.

Amy, that must be so hard when you love to putter around the garden! When the time comes, hope you share pics of your garden too!

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, thanks for getting back to me. I'll check around for it.

Elaine said...

I've been neglecting my garden a little too becasue I've just wanted to be indoors. It's warmer this week so I need to get out there and do a few things. I'll enjoy seeing some more garden posts.
Elaine

Tea Time and Roses said...

Those are beautiful flowers, the kind where little sweet fairies abide!:o) Your kitty cat is so cute! Cannot wait to see more photos of your garden!

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Elaine, you may have to wait until after the cold front due this weekend. Just make sure your plants are watered.

Beverly, what a cute image with fairies in the flowers. :)

Peggy said...

I so want to try growing an angel trumpet for this year's garden. They are so beautiful, and I am envious of yours.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Stopping by to say hello and to wish you a lovely weekend!

Smiles...

Beverly

Renee said...

Just stopping by to tell you I'm thinking of you and hope that all is well.

Peace

Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music