Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January Beginnings

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'........

It's always great to feel optimistic when a new year rolls in. A good reminder that we get a new opportunity, a clean slate to start over, new hopes, and even a new look if we so desire. I've been wanting for quite some time to try something different in the way I dress. I really like the western look, but realistically I know I wouldn't look so good in western duds, because of my weight. But boots I can do:


I love the way they look in the early morning light. And so it is that I acquire the 'vaquera' look. Cowgirl if you please. I'm really going to love wearing an apron with these little botitas.

We were in San Antonio yesterday, and I checked out a few Western Wear stores. Ended up getting these here in town.
The next pair will have more pink, I guarantee you. I've already got my eyes on it. But first things first. I have to break these in first, and really get comfortable wearing them. Part one of the dream: check. The chickens, goats, and sheep will just have to wait a little. One little step at a time.

15 comments:

glorv1 said...

WOW, those are some boots little lady. You gonna ride da horseys:) Yaya, those are really nice boots. Remember that song, boots made for walking or something like that. Will you wear the boots with knee length skirts? Cowboy girl with apron cooking in da kitchen, Yahoo!! Chorizo con huevos!! We got chickens, roosters and other birds. I don't have boots though. Those are really cool, enjoy them.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, you made me laugh! I gotta make me some aprons though.

Missy said...

Oh my goodness! I love, love, love the boots! I recently bought myself a pair too. Mine are the short chunky work boots though. Not nearly so va va voom as yours. ;-)

Yep, Finn is a Toto dog, a cairn terrier. We bought him from a breeder near Ann Arbor, Michigan. If you google Cairn Terrier Association, I believe a list of breeders will come up. I have all his info saved on my husbands computer and will look it up next time on on there.

blessings,
Missy

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, my goodness! I'd forgotten you live in Michigan. I don't know why I thought you were in Texas. I'm gonna do a search for Cairn breeders in Texas. That's the dog I'd love to have. At present we have a chihuahua. I think she needs a little playmate companion. Thanks for getting back to me!

glorv1 said...

yaya, you got a new picture. How cute you look. New look, huh? My we are getting a little frisky. Boots, lipstick, new hairdo, my my. :))) Take care. I love the picture.

Amy said...

Idalia...I love your boots. I'm proud of you for making one dream a reality. You go girl.
Love,
Amy

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, I got some courage after seeing you post a new picture!

Amy, thank you for your comment! You are always so kind and considerate!

Renee said...

I love them. But more than that I love your new picture.

You are totally stylin lady.

Love Renee

Elaine said...

Your new boots are so cute....been wanting to do kind of a new image thing too for the new year. You're an inspiration to "just do it". Hey and your new profile pic I noticed right away. Very nice!
Elaine

Wool Winder said...

I'm don't think boots are that good for walking on the beach, so I better stay with my Crocs. That's a nice pair you picked out, though. I once had a pair of Justin Ropers--wore them all the time.

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, you are making me blush :)) Thank you for your nice comments.

Why thank you Elaine!! Yes, you just have to take the first step, and then the next. Don't think too much about it. LOL!:)

Traci, Crocs are all I've been wearing for over a year. I have 4 pairs! They are so comfortable, right? The boot thing was just from being inspired by a magazine. But they sure do feel good on!!

annamae said...

darling boots! I got some for my sisters wedding and haven't worn them much but this post inspired me, I'm pulling them out of the deep corner of my closet! :)

YayaOrchid said...

Annamae, good for you! Hope you post some pics of them. Together we just might inspire more than one to wear boots!

mermaid musings said...

your boots are super cool vaquera!

Heather said...

love the boots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music