Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Blustery Day

Here in my Hundred Acre Woods, it's been a very blustery day. I had not planned to be out and about, but the kitchen clutter necessitated the purchase of a shelving unit. So out to Home Depot we went, where we were pleasantly surprised at the checkout to find it was $20 less than what we thought it cost. A couple of hummingbird feeders, a rosemary and a lavender plant later, and I was set to go.....for now anyway. I know we have to purchase some tomato and pepper plants later on. It was just too windy to really be in a gardening frame of mind.
Although it was a balmy 78F, the gray cloudy sky and strong gusts blowing all the leaves and debris around had me thinking it was cold. It felt like we were still in January somehow. If I was twenty pounds lighter, I know I'd look just like Piglet being blown around by the wind. But I do like this weather. There'll be a lot of leaves to rake tomorrow, that's for sure. Yet anything but the atrocious Summer heat we always get is just fine with me.

11 comments:

glorv1 said...

It was a little breezy over here today as well and a little cool but bearable. I'm glad you got the shelf for your kitchen. Now all you have to do is fix it up. Please upload pix when done, of what you done and your bird feeders. It's always fun doing things for our homes. Have a good week and I love your piggie. Take care.

Amy said...

I could do with some of your weather, Yaya. Send some wind northerly for me.

YayaOrchid said...

hi, Gloria! I'll try and post about my tiny little kitchen one of these days. You have yourself a great week also!

Amy, good to hear from you! Some windy weather coming right up! :)

Wool Winder said...

It was really windy here on Friday and Saturday. You should have seen me painting the picnic table in Matagorda. I had to make sure the wind was at my back so it didn't blow paint all over me.

seemommysew said...

Can't imagine 78! It snowed a little bit here, last night!

Elaine said...

Hi, Yaya....your post brought back memories for me because my youngest son, when he was barely two had a favorite video....it was Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day. He wanted to watch it over and over even though he was frightend of one little part....where Piglet opens his door and gets blown around. He always cried for a minute and then wanted to watch it again. LOL I lived in Tulsa for seven years and I know what blustery days are too! In fact here in Phoenix we get some too. It's always fun to get something new for the house...I'm with Gloria...post some pics when you're done!
Have a lovely week....Elaine :)

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya, just stopped by to say hi and tell you to have a good Tuesday. I'm looking forward to your post on the new shelving. I'm going to paint a storage cabinet I have in the studio. Just not sure what color. Take care.

Renee said...

78 degrees, like that is hot. I wish.

It is treacherous here, I didn't even step out the door because I am terrified of falling. The streets are sheets of ice.

Hope you are well.

Love Renee

YayaOrchid said...

Traci, I guess most everyone got their share of windy weather. I'll bet it really roused up some waves there. No fishing in that weather!

SewMommySew, yes, we do get an early start on the heat around here. I'd love some snow every once in a while. :)

Elaine, my youngest (now 21) also loved that story! I've held on to all his childhood videos. He also loved the Berenstein Bears, LOL! But sshh, don't tell him I told you!:)

Renee, you be careful! Just stay indoors until it's safe without the ice. I guess you'll don't get Spring until quite later in the year? So for now, a bit of nesting is in order! Stay safe my friend!

Tracy said...

Hang in there, YaYa! Oh, but I've always loved Winnie-the-Pooh and pals, and still do! My sister and I used to have lots of those Disney record & book stories...this brought back memories! :o) Happy Days...and hang on to Piglet there too! ;o) ((HUGS))

Heather said...

Nice work at Home Depot--always amazed when the bill is under $50:). Love Winnie and his friends. It so reminds me of my own childhood. Please don't blow away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music