Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Checking In

I've been away from blogging for a bit now. I think it's all part of the effects of a chilly January. In the spirit of being frugal, I only once or twice turned on the central heat. We managed to stay warm with just a couple of burners of the gas range on during the day. At night, we just piled on extra blankets. Of course, I imagine this is only possible when your lows are in 40's. Were it actually freezing weather, I probably would opt for turning on the heat. Funny though how the chill has an effect on you. Somehow, it has felt as though I'm in slow-mo. I can't shake that 'blah' uninspired feeling. Now with February upon us, I'm hoping moods will improve.

Our Arizona Ash trees are budding. That usually means one thing for me: pain and allergy discomforts. I'm suffering from chest congestion and coughing even with the allergy prescription. So although I'm dying to be outdoors watering plants and puttering around, I am just staying indoors for awhile. Every year it's the same thing. I have to make a choice between being outdoors enjoying the warmer weather but suffering for it later, or staying indoors cooped up but comfortable. I do have lots to do indoors, but with my Sweetie working the night shift, he doesn't have much time or desire to work outdoors in the garden. So inevitably, I end up going outside anyway to water all the plants. I guess you could say that in part explains my absence from blogging. That and the allergies are enough for me right now.

13 comments:

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya, there has to be somethng you can take for your allergies. My husband has the same problems but he takes allergy stuff and sometimes wears one of those white masks outside when the pollen gets worse. I hope you feel better. I put the oven on when it is cold and at night just lots of blankets although they begin to feel heavy on my legs and then the leg cramps start. Brother!! Oh well, have a great evening and great to see your post. Take care.

carrie said...

Feel better, girl!

YayaOrchid said...

Funny, but just the other day I told my Husband that I really was thinking of wearing those masks when going outside. Glad you echoed my thoughts, now I will go and get some to help me with the pollens.

YayaOrchid said...

Carrie, thank you for stopping by and for your well wishes!

glorv1 said...

ZYRTEC is what my esposo uses when the sinus show the first signs. He wears the white masks when he is gardening or he has to be out in back for long periods of time. You may sweat with it on but at least it helps a bit. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, thanks. I'll ask the doc about Zrtec. Maybe it would help me a lot better than what I'm taking.

Renee said...

Okay Yaya, been missing you.

Stay in the house and for one day turn up the heat so that you can be comfortable. It is not easy when you don't feel good and then you are freezing on top of that.

Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.

Love Renee

Tracy said...

Hi, YaYa! Glad you're back! :o) Hope you're online to stay, and the pc glitches won't last. And hope very much you will be feeling better soon! Thanks for stopping by my place--great to see you! ((HUGS))

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Renee! Glad you stopped by. It really is comfortable during the day, temps have been in the 70's. At night it just drops down to like the 50's lately. The coldest maybe low 40's, but I gotta tell you, it feels good to just bundle up, plus it feels like I'm doing something good. Thank you for caring and your concern, :)

Hi, Tracy! Glad to hear from you too. I know, I've been kinda slow in making the rounds of visiting all my fav blogs. Glad you stopped by!

Beth said...

I have allergies too and take Zyrtec D almost year round. I used to get allergy shots years ago and they helped a lot. Stay in and comfy while you can.

glorv1 said...

yaya what happened to your pix in my follower's list? It's gone. You making a new one?

seemommysew said...

There must be something about January!...I have been sooo neglectful of my blog lately! Hope you find something that helps the alergies!

YayaOrchid said...

Beth, I will talk to my dr. about the zyrtec. Thanks for your concern.

Gloria, my picture still shows up in profile. I don't know.

SeeMommySew, I guess we just need warmer weather to feel inspired again. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music