Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pictures I Meant To Post

In my previous post, I shared how I had changed some curtains in the kitchen and living room. I neglected to take pictures but I was able to do so today. Another reason I like using only toppers is to allow more light in. Those rooms face south, therefore light is good only in the morning. Now, with these light gauzy curtains, I can also get a glimpse of the outside world.

This view looks into the living room from the kitchen.

This is the shelving unit we bought at Home Depot. I wish it was white, but black is fine since it matches my baker's rack. I also keep my Senseo coffee pot on it when not in use. My kitchen is very small.

I made these white cafe curtains for the kitchen window topped with a store bought valance.

These are just the latest hummingbird feeders we purchased at Home Depot. I like that they have an ant moat to keep out those pesky ants.


And finally, a picture of my favorite apron smock, which I also wrote about. Here it's fully deconstructed. I figured out why I couldn't get it to work. I need to use 58-60" width fabric. Most of the fabric available in our local stores is 45" wide. Amazing, I have a huge stash of fabric, but not any in the wide width. However, I'm going to look for a pretty tablecloth to make it out of. That will work and make for a more durable material.

Pictures tell a story better than words sometimes.

17 comments:

glorv1 said...

I'm in the middle of making chop suey but I just had to tell you that your home looks so cozy and warm. It exudes yaya and ever so nicely. It is always exciting to see how other people live. I love it. Did you get your Converse yet? You have to get some so you can also be SisterHood of the Converse. heheeh. How silly huh. It's all in fun. I like the material of that apron and of course the memories it brings with it. How sad that she is gone now, but how nice that you have something of her work. Take care. Later on I will post on SisterHood of the Converse. I don't know what I'll say, but I'll think of something.

Persuaded said...

what a lovely living room you have! that shade of green is just about my favorite♥
blessings to you friend!

glorv1 said...

hi yaya, just stopped by to say hi and wonder how is your walking going? I'm thinking of starting a walking regimen as well. I can use my treadmill but sometimes it feels like it gets stuck. I'm gonna have my husband oil it. hope you have a good weekend. take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Gloria! Walking is going along fine. It gets easier with time. Hope you get your treadmill working fine.

Diane, thank you my dear! I like it too!

Peggy said...

Thanks for the peek! I love seeing other people's homes.

Clever Karen said...

I like the sheer curtains that let the sunlight in. Your rooms look so cheerful!

YayaOrchid said...

Peggy, I also enjoy looking at pics of other people's decor. It's always inspirational!

Karen, thank you, I LOVE white curtains!

glorv1 said...

Hee/Haw It's me!lol Hi yaya Hee/Haw
I feel like a donkey and don't say I look like one.eheheehehe

Renee said...

I could curl up in your living room and have a wonderful cup of tea. Your windows are gorgeous.

I say we invite Gloria to join us. What do you say sweetheart?

xoxoxox

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, you're having fun and that's all that matters, LOL!

Renee, tea with Gloria sounds wonderful!! Would you care for some Earl Grey Cream? Come and join us!

Renee said...

After I have scared the heck out of myself with my pictures. I would love a nice cup of tea with milk and no sugar please.

Gloria can bring us some of whatever she is cooking that day.

xooxo

glorv1 said...

Why yes, don't mind if I do. I'll take cream with mine please.....I prefer Rasberry Tea please yaya.

I love your house, it is so inviting and sunny looking. Move Renne, your blocking my view.hehehee

Yaya, remember what I talked to you on the phone about the other day........well it happened again.

Let me have another tea please, spike it up a bit. hahahaha. See you later and Renee, be cool.

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, there, there, now....tea is good for calming those nerves, LOL!

Gloria, one raspberry tea coming right up! I've got some Rum I use for baking, I can add a splash of that, how about it? (We'll secretly spike Renee's too)

Keri said...

Your living room is so lovely and serene Yaya! Your home is beautiful!

Elaine said...

Yaya...It looks like we have the same green walls going on in our homes except they're in our office, master bedroom and bath instead of the livingroom. I love it in your livingroom....with those curtains it looks so lovely!
It was fun taking a little look around. I'm going to have to do a post like this one of these days. Hope you're having a great week!
Elaine :)

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Keri and Elaine! In case anyone would like to know the paint color, it's called "Quaking Grass", and we bought it at Lowe's, but I don't remember which line of paints (a couple of years ago).

smriti said...

u have such a lovely home mam.

love those curtains.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music