Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Praying For Our Husbands

Sandra over at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom has asked us to join with her in a month of prayer for our Husbands. Being that February is the month of love and romance, it is only fitting as a show of true love to pray for a beloved Spouse. In keeping with the same theme, I was also touched by a post made by Lisa from Extravagant Grace, who has also joined and added her name to the linky provided by Sandra. Lisa shared her thoughts on how the Lord opened her eyes to how the Scripture Ephesians 5: 21-33 applies to our lives as Spouses.

I know that many times I forget the great burden that a man carries in not only supporting his family, but being able to face each day with strength and resolution to carry out his commitments. Each day when he steps out of the house into the world to earn the daily bread, he will likely face stress, workplace politics, exposure to disease, and depending on his job, even a risk of injury or death. Yet each day fearlessly he strides out on a quest so as to keep his family fed, clothed, and supplied with all their needs. And he does so without expecting recognition for his role. So yes, I think a conscious effort of setting aside time to pray for the men in our lives is a good thing. It is Scripturally sound as well.
I know that in praying for my Husband, I honor him and I honor Christ. I am submitting to the Lord, knowing that he alone is the source of our well being. I do want to thank my Sweetie for being such a thoughtful and loving Spouse. Above all, I acknowledge that ALL good things come from God.
As per Sandra's blog, there is no need to make a post about it if you decide to join in prayer. All you need to do is sign up on her linky. Today is day 3, so it's still early in the month. Hope lots of Wives join in prayer as well!

4 comments:

Wool Winder said...

This is a good idea.

Renee said...

Yaya it is a good thing.

Thanks for stopping by the party and I cannot tolerate meanness in anyone. That is a wonderful quality to have.

Love Renee

glorv1 said...

That's a really good thing to do. I always pray for my husband and his health and happiness. Glad you

are posting again. Take care.

seemommysew said...

Thanks for the link! I'm heading over there to join. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music