Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Musings

Today en route to visit my dear Sister, we passed through an old neighborhood here in town. She lives in another little town, but we had to pass through this particular neighborhood. It is an old established area, which looks much the same way I remember it when I'd be in the vicinity as a child. However, there were areas that had changed, if only by the absence of buildings and homes which had long been there. A lot of the houses are now more run down, with many vacant lots overrun with weeds. These were houses which in their heyday were well cared for and pleasing to see. Now they are the hollow shells of grand dreams. It got me thinking about change, and how as we go through life, we affect not only our environment, but those who traverse the road simultaneously. I couldn't help wondering the whereabouts of the people who once lived there. Yet like the saying in Spanish goes "Unos vienen, y otros se van", 'Some arrive, and others leave', such is life, I always say. More random musings from yours truly.

5 comments:

glorv1 said...

Oh so true. I think of that often. How we are here and we leave our mark everywhere we go, but no one really sees it. But...I think of it also when I am here at home, or in the backyard and I say to myself: We are really leaving our mark here at home. You know I think I will post about this, I have some things to say on this. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea, it is a goody. Hopefully I can write about it as you did so well. Have a great weekend.

YayaOrchid said...

Yes, I think you said it better than I did. That's exactly what I meant!

Beth said...

I've never heard of that saying before but I like it. Have a great weekend - Beth

Clever Karen said...

Thanks for the visit to Clever Karen and the link. I look forward to exploring yr blog more when I return from vacation.

Renee said...

Some arrive and others leave. That is so true in so many aspects of life.

xoxoxo

Love Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music