Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just A Misty Day

Well, the weather channel would have you believe, and even local radar shots, that the rain came pouring down in our part of the state. It never did, at least not in our city. Some of the surrounding areas managed to get a little rain. We did get the cool temperatures though. I went outside to check on the Swiss chard, cilantro, and pepper plants we planted in the square foot gardens. They look so perky and happy! I think the fine mist we did manage to get is helping them nonetheless. Even the roses exude such a joyful pose! You know the look...the fine mist droplets collecting on the leaves. Just beautiful! I wish I could be outside just taking it all in, but I started coughing and felt rather chilly. So it's indoors for the remainder of the day. We took out our menudo soup from the freezer yesterday in anticipation of this cool front. It did taste good and warmed us up! I still have hopes for a good downpour in the days to come. But even a fine mist is a welcome sight.

9 comments:

Persuaded said...

i need to ask.. what is menudo soup?

enquiring minds and all that;)

glorv1 said...

Hi yaya. Sorry it didn't rain as you had hoped. Some places in Texas I hear are really very nice. Over here it's pretty nice. I'm answering comments and going to my Twitter for a couple of minutes and then post just a small post. Hope you enjoyed your menudo.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Diane! Menudo is made beef tripe, or the stomach of a cow. It's a spicy soup!

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Gloria, I've been checking for your posts and wondered where you were. :) Glad to hear you've got some nice weather as well.

Wool Winder said...

We had about the same, though I think it actually rained some in the night when I was sleeping. Today is supposed to be our wettest day.

YayaOrchid said...

Traci, I guess the coastal areas always get some rain. You must have an amazing garden!

glorv1 said...

Yaya, don't forget to pick up your kreativ blogger award and list some of the things that you love or inspire you. Now you have two kreative blogger awards. Yay for you. I'm making chili colorado with homemade beans/ham and rice and of course homemade tortillas. Take care.

Kelli said...

I should have sent you some of the rain we got this week. :0) Hope you are having a great weekend!
~Kelli

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you so much Gloria! I will try and get it later today. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music