Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, March 26, 2009

Print Arrived!

In blog land, news travels fast. So when my Amiga Gloria wrote about her 300Th Post Giveaway, I was right there ready with a comment for a chance to win. Gloria, you see, is an Artist, and she was giving away a print of one of her lovely paintings. I love art just like anyone else, but I don't know how to create it, at least not the painting kind. I also wouldn't mind adding a little color and artwork to my decor. So this giveaway of hers gave her readers the chance to do just that. As it turns out, I was one of the lucky winners! Well, today it arrived! And this is her print of "Dancing Mermaid":


Another closeup. Isn't it gorgeous! I love the blue green colors, and the way she uses shading and shadows. You can almost see the motion of the water among the other mermaid's hair!

She also included this little medallion of one of her sculpted clay works.
Thank you Gloria! Your artwork is so very appreciated! I know a lot of work and thought goes into it, and yes, as such even a part of yourself.
I'm glad to be the owner of a Gloria original!

6 comments:

Persuaded said...

as a fellow art lover, i can attest to what a treasure this is...

congratulations on winning!

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you, Diane!

Bob Mrotek said...

Me too Yaya. I just can't wait for mine. Gloria is a true artist. She lives it. Art is part of her being. You are an artist too! Your form of expression is just different from hers :)

YayaOrchid said...

Bob, so true, Gloria is just a born artist! Thank you for your sweet comment!

glorv1 said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say. Oh geez I feel like crawling under the table. Hehehehe
Thank you yaya, how nice of you to post it. Bob is always so nice. Man oh life I feel like I've been on stage or something. I'm glad you got it and you liked it. Thanks for liking my work, I do appreciate it. I'll talk to you later...::::walking out slowly:::
:::looking back, blushing:::
lololo Take care.

Peggy said...

Lucky you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music