Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, April 10, 2009

# 22!

My precious youngest Son came down to visit for his Birthday. I find it hard to believe that 22 years have passed since the day we brought him home from the hospital! Such a wonderful gift from God. I can still remember how good he smelled. I also remember he was such a good baby. Always has been. It's just that for me, time just went by too quickly. I blinked, and then he was flying away from the nest to try out his wings. Sweetie and I encourage him every chance we get to just move back home, but he'll have no part of that. I think once they move away, they enjoy their freedom just a bit too much.
Of course, to him, his most important birthday was last year, his 21st! I remind him that after 20, every birthday just seems to come at you faster and faster. For some reason, this birthday was somewhat poignant. I mean 22! My last baby....the baby of my youth. Where has the time gone?

We kept our celebration simple. After a meal at a nice Mexican seafood restaurant, we treated him to his favorite cake- strawberry shortcake.
And that was the celebration we had yesterday, on my little one's Birthday! May the Lord bless you always, my beloved Son!

7 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,

That reminds me of what God the Father said at the Baptism of Jesus: "This is my beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased". ¡Qué te disfrutas el día!

P.S. Ohhhhh that cake looks good!

glorv1 said...

Yaya, oh I'm so glad you got to spend your son's birthday with him. The cake is awesome. WOW!! gimmee gimmee. Yo quero cake. :) Happy late Birthday to your son. Happy Easter yaya, in case I don't "see" you before then. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Bob, I only wish I could take credit for it....it's from a bakery! :)

Gloria, thankyou, thankyou!! Yes, I'm happy he decided to spend it with us. And Happy Easter to you too!

Persuaded said...

oh yaya..my oldest is 22 years old♥

it's such an exciting age isn't it. they are just on that rising tide of adulthood with so much promise☺
happy birthday to your dear boy!

YayaOrchid said...

Diane, thank you! That is so sweet of you. Yes, it is such an important period in their lives.

Renee said...

What no pictures of your baby. I feel cheated.

xoxoxo

Wool Winder said...

Happy Birthday to your son. I know what you're feeling. My baby will be 21 in May.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music