Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, April 11, 2009

Goody, Goody II

Well it turns out I missed a goody treat in the package Gloria sent me! But that's ok....I get to have double the thrill, don't you think? It was sandwiched between some cardboard that I thought was only protection for the wood plaque she had sent. But fortunately, I found it, and all is well with the world. The only problem is now I can't decide which of the two I like best. The first gift I posted about is absolutely wonderful and oh, so functional. But this second one, a beautiful print of one of her paintings.....is just downright beautiful! I think I like it so much because of the purple hues, since purple is probably my favorite color. Gloria had made a post about this painting of hers. I am so glad she made a print of it. Once framed, it will look even more amazing.

LILACS

I really like the dreamy, gauzy effects of the print. It has a very soft
and pleasing quality.
I'm no art expert, but this is a really nice work. Now I'm just thinking to myself here, but I am really beginning to see how nice it would be if I could do some paintings and then make prints for postcards and stationary, as well as wall decor. But I think I'll leave that up to the experts like my friend. All I can say is, again, Thank you Gloria!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Happy Easter Yaya.

Gloria's work is brilliant and of all of the work I have seen my favourite is her purple flowers.

Are you going to be cooking today?

Love Renee xoxo

YayaOrchid said...

Howdy, Renee! I'm keepin' it simple. Grilled fajitas, baked potatoes, guacamole, and refried beans with flour tortillas. I guess that's cookin'! :)

How about you? Hope it's going great for you'll!

glorv1 said...

I'm glad you found it yaya and glad you like it. Thank you for your nice comments. Fajitas, we had that to down my moms. Hope you enjoyed your Easter sunday as much as I did. Now it's a new week and I got things to do during the week. Plus I cut out a lot of circular pieces of wood, about 15, drilled a hole in each of them and tomorrow I am going to sand them and then decide what I will do with them. Hey, take care. Thanks again. Thank you too Renee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music