Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Joy! My Second Grandson!

Our second Grandson, Owen, was born almost a week ago. We are filled with joy and thanksgiving that birth and delivery went smoothly. And we are totally smitten with this little bundle of love.

Would you believe we were blessed to hear his first cries from the adjacent room? This to me was such a blessing. I had wanted to be there
also when our little Elias was born almost two years ago, but at the time, we had my Mother's funeral arrangements to tend to. We had to wait two days before we finally met our Elias. So to be there, or almost right there, when Owen was born, to me was just unbelievable! The reason for this is because we had to take care of Elias, and since we arrived in San Antonio during the labor segment and while Elias was napping, we had to wait for Elias to wake up. He finally did, just moments before Owen was born. It was certainly an interesting experience for all of us, including Elias.
The hard part was saying goodbye when we had to leave. It's always hard when your children and their families live in other cities. Each time we see them again, we know the babies will have grown and changed more. I feel that Grandparents who get to see their Granbabies often are so blessed. But then, that's just me. If it was up to me, my two Sons would live here with us, or at least in the same city. But I know, they have to grow up and be independent. And they have to pursue their own dreams. That's life, or so they say. So for now, I'm grateful I get to see this new generation of babies. Thank you Lord! You are so good!

14 comments:

Wool Winder said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations. What a little angel.

Clever Karen said...

What beautiful, beautiful babies!

Heather said...

Oh you are kind to visit my other blog. I have a new post, if you are curious. . . and I think I've fixed the comment problem. I hope. Thank you for reading and for letting me know about the comments. H

glorv1 said...

Congratulations yaya. He is a little doll. Why don't you get Skype, it's free. You can then make calls and I'm not sure how it works but you do it through the computer and you show up on the screen as does the other party. That way you can watch them grow. Congratulations again. I never realized that congratulations had 15 letters in it.I received my diploma from the college. I wanted to post it but I don't think I will. Just wanted you to know that I am now a college graduate. :D Have a great weekend and keep your hopes up.

Renee said...

Congratulations to all of your family Yaya.

I love the name Owen. Always have.

He is so beautiful and yes I too think it is a blessing to having your children and their children live around you.

He is beautiful Grandma.

xoxo

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you ALL so much for your comments!! I love getting feedback!

Gloria, congratulations on your diploma!!

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, I ♥ the word 'Grandma'! LOL!

Katherine said...

He's beautiful Yaya!!! Congratulations on the new miracle :D

Tea Time and Roses said...

Congratulations to you and your family, and what a beautiful bundle of pure joy! Nothing is a sweet as a newborn baby! Enjoy your precious grandson as I know you will!

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Katherine, Thank you!

Beverly, I certainly will! And thank you for your warm sentiments!

Beth said...

Congrats! He is beautiful.

Persuaded said...

oh he is beautiful!... sigh... just look at that clear pink skin...

i am so looking forward to being a nana someday♥

YayaOrchid said...

Diane, you are going to make a wonderful Nana! And you are going to love being a Grandma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music