Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Valley Walking

It's so much easier to type than to write in my other journal about things I'd rather not talk about. Typing makes it seem more removed from my person. As if I were writing a story about someone else....even a fictional character perhaps.

I am one of those few and 'fortunate' people who have little to no drama or pain in their lives. I have much to be thankful for. Certainly more than I deserve. But that doesn't exempt me from those lows in life that I can honestly say is unexplainable. With everything to be grateful for, why is it that I feel so....drained and numb? Nothing thrills me or moves me as of late. I jump from blog to blog, hoping to find the antidote for my present condition. Always before, I could go away from the computer feeling inspired and motivated. But not now. So I reasoned that perhaps just seeing this phase in words could give me a better understanding of what is happening to me. Is it seasonal? Am I ill? Is it hormonal? Is there something I must think and meditate about deeply? The answer to most of those questions is 'perhaps'. Of course the scariest of all is the 'ill' one. To everything else, I know I can safely say 'this too shall pass'. But illness is something that always shakes the foundations of any family. All I can do is continue to pray and believe that the Lord's blood is on my doorpost.
Funny, but already I actually do feel better. Perhaps writing truly can be a therapy of sorts. I know I can faintly see the light beyond the valley of darkness I walk in now.
Edited to add: Perhaps it's the chocolate bunny I'm enjoying right now that did the trick. You know what they say about chocolate. :)

5 comments:

glorv1 said...

yaya I left a post for you on my blog. Chocolate does work wonders.

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you Gloria! I think it's some sort of 'perimenopausal' thing. It'll pass, I'm sure. :)

Persuaded said...

hon.. how did i miss this post?? i am hoping and praying that you feel all chipper and cheerful *very* soon((hugs))

and yes, chocolate bunnies have wonderfully medicinal qualities;)

Amy said...

Yaya...the way you're feeling does happen to all of us at one time or another. My only suggestion...right now I'm pretty revved up about hand embroidering something. I picked up some linen dish towels and that's the next project. I'm poring over pattern ideas right now. Hope you feel better soon.

Love,
Amy

Renee said...

Yaya you are so inspiring to all who read you and all that are lucky enough to have you come and visit us.

Maybe it is just a case of the blahs that people hig upon once in a while.

Sending you love your way and your faith will carry you through this.

Love Renee xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music