Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Purchased Apron

My obsession with aprons continues. I purchased yet another apron from Cheri. I just really like the way she sews. This apron is a favorite because of the vintage style. She made it off a 1930's apron. I love clothing from that time period as well as the 1940's.

I have chosen to use this apron as a covering for Mona:

No need for fancy duds. Mona likes modesty and style as well as anyone. (Sigh) I only wish the apron would fit me. Mona is very petite!
I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of some nibs I ordered for my blown glass calligraphy pen. I have decided I would very much like to take up writing proper letters for my correspondence. For that purpose I have also ordered a rosewood seal such as this this. Used with wax, it will seal any letter with the timeless look of ancient writings. I just need to learn a little calligraphy......or try to write prettier. Later on, I should like to purchase an inkwell. This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. I always found a reason not to spend on such whimsical desires, the greatest being that this is an unnecessary
expenditure. But I realize I am a frugal person, and have saved much in other ways; therefore, I will this once succumb to this folly.
Other than that, dear journal, I have nothing new to report. We are hoping for more rain. The large clouds in the sky give us such hope!

8 comments:

glorv1 said...

Yes I sure would love rain over here but I doubt very much if that will happen anytime soon. I like that apron. You can probably make one just like it. I love my new oil cloth apron, it's so fun. I just wipe it with wet cloth. How cool is that. I like that you are interested in caligraphy, my son was too. He drew. He didn't paint but he drew. Beautiful cars, beautiful women and with fine detail. Hey you only live once, enjoy your life and do some of the things you've always wanted to do. I'm happy for you. Hey, how is your daily walking going? Do you feel any better from it? I hope so. Take care and have a great Wednesday.

Renee said...

Yaya you with apros is me with children's picture books.

Total obsession. I buy nothing but kids books.

Thank you for your prayers Yaya. These pages are from a journal I started three years ago right after I was diagnosed.

Love Renee xoxo

YayaOrchid said...

Your Son was surely an Artist just like his Mother! I'm certain you have held on to his drawings and sketches of timeless beauty. What a gift!
I hope one day you show us a pic of you wearing your nice oilcloth apron.

Rene, how wonderful to have a collection of children's books. Out obsessions are good though, right? LOL!

Clever Karen said...

love this style, looks similar to one I bought in Amish country.

Persuaded said...

now you are a girl after my own heart, dear... buying an apron that doesn't fit, just because you love it! that's my kind of splurge♥

and you'll have to show us all of your calligraphy things once they come. i don't know anything about that sort of thing, so you can educate me;)

Peggy said...

With the right stuff you can do the WRITE STUFF! Have a great day!

YayaOrchid said...

Karen, I hope someday I can visit Amish country and enjoy their wonderful stitchery crafts!

Diane, thank you for giving me an idea of something to post about. You know how that goes, sometimes it's hard to think of things to write about. :)

Peggy, were you watching "Bewitched" today? I was and there was a scene where they used a slogan similar to yours, LOL!

Keri said...

Love your new apron, Yaya! By the way, I saw both of your messages on my blog the other day. I'm sorry I've been absent. I'm trying to be a better blog reader. It just got so crazy with the move. Looking at other SCB members, it seems to me like there have been lots of changes. Hopefully the group picks up again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music