Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rain



Rain, glorious rain! After what seemed like decades of drought conditions, we were blessed with a few raindrops--enough to saturate the thirsty soil beneath my plants. As a gardener, that seems my main concern. But it is a respite to the heat raging constantly where we live.

Considering we live in some sort of atmospheric hole, where any weather patterns which bring the much needed droplets seem to circumnavigate around us always, we are certainly most grateful!

It's beautiful, it's delightful, and it's invigorating to hear the raindrops falling on the roof and pounding against the windows. And the wonderful smell of wet earth after it rains is unlike anything! I love the scent! Thank you Father for this most wonderful gift!

4 comments:

glorv1 said...

Ah yes rain and that is lovely rain you have there. I love the way it is falling down the window. I would love that for my sidebar because rain is my thing. I thrive when it rains. I'm like dry soil waiting for drops of glory to cover my soul. Ooooh la di da. I said poetry. :D hehehe
Have a great Sunday. I made hot sausage links and a mixture of veggies sauteed. I just ate the veggies. Bye now.

YayaOrchid said...

You're welcome to use that image if you wish. Just click on it and it takes you to the web site.

I saw Lydia Bastianich making Italian sausages on her PBS cooking show today. They looked delicious!

For us today it was baked fish, wild rice, and green beans. It was pretty good!

Clever Karen said...

love the animated image. Glad you have some rain for your beautiful garden!

Peggy said...

Glad you got some rain, too. Drought is pretty scary - especially with the wildfire potential.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music