Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ode to The Seagulls On the Fourth of July

Last night, we made a decision to go to the Mustang Island beach in Corpus Christi. It was a last minute sort of thing. I wasn't too keen on going, but Sweetie reminded me of the flea market in Mathis, which is only held the first weekend of each month. So I said, why not? I didn't find much at the flea market, but that was fine. We still had the beach to go to. Would you believe I didn't go prepared? Like I said, last minute sort of thing....good thing Sweetie reminded me to take my trusty hat along for the hot sun.
But other than that, no sunscreen, no comfy beach chair or umbrella, no swim suit...er..shorts and t shirt!


But we did stop and pick up a couple of loaves of bread for my favorite beach pastime: feeding the seagulls!
Glorious blue sky, wonderful ocean breeze, and that wonderful scent from the sea water!
Fun in the surf and sun.

We've never done this before. We always carefully plan every outing. But it was still nice. Sometimes it's nice to be spontaneous. People were having so much fun in the water, it was very tempting to get in. There were quite a lot of overnight campers, some who had simply pitched their tents in the soft silky sand.
We'll go again before Summer's over, but we'll go better prepared, maybe even have an overnight stay at the State Park.
Afterwards, we headed to a nice Japanese restaurant, then it was homeward bound.

9 comments:

glorv1 said...

You look like you were having a lot of fun feeding the birds. Those are really nice pictures, You hubby captured the blue sky, and there is one picture where it looks like the waves are going to take you under. Sometimes it's good to do something spontaneous as you say. See, you had fun and even dined out. Great going. Have a great Sunday.

Amy said...

Yaya....the spur of the moment outings are the best kind!! I keep a tote bag packed with my knitting and crafts, extra necessities and the like, so I'm always up for one. I'm glad you and the hubby went...I only wish we had such a nice beach to head to. Have a lovely Sunday.

Love,
Amy

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, yes it was a lot of fun just getting out.

Amy, it's hard being spontaneous at our age sometimes. But it was fun!

Sandra said...

I just love the photos you posted :) I wish I lived closer to the water though, I miss it so much.

As for your question on my blog, I did have to go pro and it was about $23 or $24 for a year, but it's worth it because I now have unlimited photos and space and don't have to worry about running out :)

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I may just have to go pro also.

Elaine said...

Hi, Yaya.....loved your post. Sometimes those sponteous trips are the best, aren't they? Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Your pics are great too. How far are you from the beach? We're a good six hours to San Diego. Temps here have been so hot that I've been longing to get away to the shore myself. :)

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Elaine! It was a lot of fun. It had been years since we'd gone, so it was time, especially since I love being near the ocean. We're about 2 1/2 hours from the beach.

Persuaded said...

Oh girl, you know me.. anything with birds has my interest right away! Those birds and you look like old friends☺

and what fun that would be to camp on the beach!

YayaOrchid said...

I agree Diane! Boy, they get chummy pretty fast too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music