Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Old Camera Look




In the photo editing class, we learned a new technique. Using 'Through the Videofinder" files or TTV's to give a photo the look of those old square pictures taken by old cameras. Also added some texture layers. But it is a little hard for me to remember certain steps, since each one is slightly different to execute. Not hard, not rocket science, just an increase in steps to remember.

As someone in the PS forum noted, it's ironic how we're trying to 'grunge' up our photos, to give them an antique or vintage look, when so many people actually take their old photos to get 'cleaned up'. But I love that old patina that only old photographs have.



Now in my photo above, I may have added one too many layers. I really do want to learn to do this well, and I know I have a ways to go. It's all about learning something new every day.

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

...and that's what it's all about yaya, "learning something new everyday." I'm glad you took that class up because it is really giving you a lot of incentive and you are becoming more interested in the art of photography. Good for you little lady. Now let's see, what did I learn today????ummmm, uh huh, sure I did, hmmmm, give me a break please.
Actually I did learn something today and that is that I could use one of those real fine liner pens to draw lines all around one of the bracelets. It's starting to look pretty good and it's so much fun. See, we are both learning new things. Have a great Sunday.

Elaine said...

Oh I really like that effect. Good job! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Elaine

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, another thing that's important, is to just have fun with whatever you decide to learn. I know you always have fun with your art craft.

Elaine, thank you, I like the vintage look too!

Sandra said...

Great effect, I love old vintagey photos :)

Tea Time and Roses said...

I really like this and think it came out just wonderful!:o) Learning something new everyday, now that is a good thing.:o) Wishing you and your family a beautiful week.:o) Continue to enjoy your classes.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Why, thank you Beverly! And I am so glad you stopped by! Have a great week too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music