Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, September 25, 2009

Moi

It's interesting how the online class I'm taking was able to force nudge me into sharing a little bit of trivia about myself. I mean if I thought I was a beautiful to behold creature before this class, I would have put my face out in cyberspace a long time ago! Obviously, I've not been that self assured! And I'm not saying the class changed my view about myself. That's not what I meant. I still see myself much the same as I did before. But I do finally understand that this IS who I am.


A walking, breathing, living being with both evident and not so evident flaws....as well as evident and not so evident beauty. It's all there. Just the way my Creator made me, but with the mind blowing possibilities of change. He's wonderful and a genius that way. He made sure there was plenty of room for improvement.

Photographs are one dimensional. What you see is not all there is. You only see the outer packaging. You only get a glimse of the personality. You don't hear the laughter or the voice or the joy or the pain. What you see is the reflection of a moment in time.

Why is it suddenly feasible for me to share that moment? I suppose because it turns out that each step I take to learn something new, different and positive becomes an exercise in becoming liberated from my fears and self loathing. It's an ongoing process mind you. I still have much to learn. And it always starts with baby steps, not great big strides....at least that's the way it is for me.

7 comments:

glorv1 said...

Yaya, you are beautiful as you are, I mean just look at that face. Never fear what someone will think of how you look. I like the way you look. I like it too that you have your apron on and that means you ROCK!! Hey, that's pretty good work in your photography class. By the way, you have beautiful eyes. I have to go now and tidy up the house and then I'm going to relax for the rest of the day. Very nice work, you go amiga!!

Bob Mrotek said...

Well Yaya, you look pretty good to me. I, on the other hand, look like something that crawled out from under a rock. The bottom side of a pick-up truck looks better than I do. However, I remember a character from years ago named "Moms Mabley" who once said "Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone". Your beauty as a person and a child of the Creator glows from deep down inside and outshines everything around you. I only wish that I had half of your glow and your talent :)

YayaOrchid said...

Gloria, how sweet...thank you! yes, I do enjoy wearing my apron. Would you believe I just got back from Hobby lobby and I wore it there? People thought I worked there, LOL!

Bob, thanks so much for your words! But I don't want to hear you say that about yourself even in jest, ya hear? Remember there is a part of your Mom and Dad, and I'm sure you think they were pretty good looking! Besides, there is beauty in ALL of God's creation. But I know what you mean, sometimes it's ok to not take ourselves too seriously, LOL!

Tracy said...

How lovely to see you, YaYa--and how love you are! I do like how you've incorporated your photo here and the lovely art work. Sharing of ourselves, even our physical selves, can be seen as a gift. You've given us a gift today by sharing your sweet face--thank you! Happy weekend, my friend :o)

Clever Karen said...

Really nice design - you are doing a great job with using PhotoShop! Beautiful and thoughtful!

Gloria said...

A great posting and a timely reminder to us all that beauty is, at the end of the day, only skin deep, there is so much more to appreciate both in ourselves and in others. Love it!

An going to sign up to follow you and hope that you'll come visit my blog and follow me, if you like what you see.

Have a blessed Lords day and see you again, soon!

Renee said...

Wonderful post and I loved your creation and picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music