Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Ramblings

Writing poetry has always been easy for me. It doesn't mean that the poetry is good, but I can pretty much write it at will. Writing in general, on the other hand, is more difficult. In fact it presents a challenge when I'm plumb out of subjects to write about or my mind draws a blank. On the one hand, first you must decide if you're writing for yourself, and hence, for your posterity, as when you write your memoirs on a journal. Or do you write for the sake of writing, as only a true author can, out of that great need to join pen to paper. Or do you write for an audience, striving to keep them amused and enternained?

I believe this post is a combination of all three motives. I have this desire need to just see my thoughts on paper, or as the case may be, on screeen. Part of me also wants to leave something indelible for my descendants to read and perhaps gain a better understanding of who I was and what my character entailed. Of course always writing something witty and entertaining would be in itself very satisfying, but perhaps not practical.

So we'll leave it at that for this time. I'm hopeful I can think of something to write about again. I think if I can just flex my fingers on the keyboard long enough, something is bound to come of it. I might even reach my goal of at least 300 posts.

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Poetry...I'm a great fan of reading and writing poetry, too, YaYa. I write just to write, for the pure pleasure and joy in it. When the words are really flowing, it's almost like a spiritual experience--that's when it's great! 300 posts that is wonderful... I just realized I pasted 400 the other day, I wasn't even aware it at first--LOL! Oh, by the way, the menu in your previous post was de-lish...mmm... Happy Day ((HUGS))

Tufa Girl said...

Me, I just rant about everything. Perhaps I should rein it in at times. I just hope something at sometime might strike a cord for someone.

I believe the answer will come to you. Always be true to your heart. We are your biggest fans.

YayaOrchid said...

Tracy, I would love to read some of your poetry. It's true about it being such a beautiful form of writing.

Tufagirl, that is so sweet of you to say! Sometimes though, like this 'rambling' post I just wrote, it's more of 'fluff' writing...you know.. just something to fill the void. I'm trying to make it to 300 posts, LOL!

Bob Mrotek said...

Yaya,
I always think of you as a very intelligent and talented person. I think that you have a creative gene and it is yearning to breath free. I encourage you to write and I look forward to reading whatever you come up with. Like my Ma always said..."Onward ever, backward NEVER!"

glorv1 said...

Well whatever you write about I read and shall continue to read. Heck, I write about whatever comes into my mind. I really don't plan it, it just happens. I consider myself a writer of sorts, not a good writer but a writer of my thoughts and what the heck is going on. heheheh. Comedy too. yuk yuk. Take care yaya and just do what you've been doing....Keeping your journal, like you said before.

Renee said...

Yes Yaya I understand the wanting to leave for our descendants so that they get a glimpse of us.

xoxox

glorv1 said...

yaya, I answered your hello on my blog and left you a response. hasta luego.

YayaOrchid said...

Bob, I always like when you refer to your 'Ma'. I can hear all the love and I can also almost hear your voice. Thank you for your words of encouragement!

Gloria, I think that's why I enjoy your blog so much, because you're such a free soul, you never let anything get in the way of just expressing who you are.

Renee, that's so true. Long after we're gone, hopefully they can find a piece of us in our writing.

Gloria, I also stopped by again. :)

Amy said...

The words you write here, Yaya, always inspire me in some way. You have a gift.

Amy

Tea Time and Roses said...

A lovely post! I too love to write! As far back as grade school I have always had pencil and paper in hand jotting my thoughts.:o) I enjoy pulling out my journals and reading what I wrote from times past. Writing is a good thing!:o) You and your family enjoy a beautiful weekend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Dida said...

hi Yaya....
i can relate with u when you say, "need to just see my thoughts on paper"
I very often do that.
thank you for dropping by and for your encouraging words.
dida

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Friend!

Dropping in to wish you a happy week!

Smiles...

Beverly

Elaine said...

Hi Yaya...I read this post when you first wrote it... then had to rush off for some reason and didn't leave a comment. Checked today on my dashboard feed to see if you had a new post....just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy whatever you write and I'm disappointed when I don't see anything from you. Really, you do a great job and your talent and your heart always show in what you do. I'm sure you'll get to 300 and way beyond......!

Elaine :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music