Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Friday, September 11, 2009

New Features

Edit: I did forget to add that I found the new features option by clicking on the "Blogger in Draft" option at the bottom of the dashboard page. You can also select it as your default dashboard thereafter. Now, this may not be new to anyone, I was just late finding out about this. But for anyone who might not have known, it's always nice to be able to share.

On my visit to Gloria's blog Viva La Vida I was pleasantly surprised to find that Blogger has added some new features for posting. Gloria shared her use of those features, so I decided to have a look-see. The only thing I am somewhat disappointed with is that there are no real new fonts. There is one, which I'm using on this post, but it's not that noticeable or different from the others. I do like the strikethrough option. Before you had to go and edit HTML to do that. I rather like it love having that already done for me. Thank you Blogger!

As to the background color feature, I think it's nice too. But it would be nice if pastel colors were available. The ones I see are rather harsh and bold.

Let's see, this one shows on the palette as though it might be a light color....nope, not a soft pastel either.

How about this one? Well....maybe. It is soft and light. I can work with it.

Now how about font color? Very nice! Although you might want to be able to see what you're writing by using a darker shade.

I also like that you can have your labels in a cloud format. I'll have to check that out. I think you have to go into the layout or settings for that.

Change is good. I like change.....sometimes. But more than that I like having options!

11 comments:

glorv1 said...

Yaya I love the way your blog looks. It catches your attention as soon as it comes out. Yay!! Hey, you did a great job of explaining the new features. You should be working the Blogger.:D Did you get the marranitos recipe. I didn't even read it because I know it's more work than I want. I'd rather buy them. I prefer the pan dulce round ones. Talk to you later. I like your new look.

glorv1 said...

Yaya, go listen to this song I have on my side bar. It's from You Tube and it's call "Mi Nina Lola."
It's not on my music list, but on the side bar close to the bottom by the little ladies of the kitchen.

YayaOrchid said...

Ok, Gloria! I'm on my way!

Renee said...

Yaya I am so computer illiterate it is not funny.

xoxoxo

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, truthfully, so am I. But blogger is pretty easy to use. Just experiment with the features to see what you like.

Tufa Girl said...

Yaya, You are an inspiration. I love the new look. I just barely have this blogger thing down. Don't know if I am ready, but definitely inspired to give it a look.

YayaOrchid said...

TufaGirl, I'm so glad you liked my little makeover. LOL!

Just have fun looking at the features and playing with them. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. Try it!

Tracy said...

Ooo...so many options, I love that! And the new look here is fabulous, YaYa--beautiful! Happy weekend... And thank so much for your lovely comments at my place. :o) ((HUGS))

Dida said...

hello Yaya...
You are exploring blogger in a nice way, specially with explaining everything.
i will highly recommend the pottery class to you, its an amazing experience, I am into functional pottery and mostly make kitchen ware.
have a nice day...
dida

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello!

Another brand new week is before us and wishing yours to be grand.:o) So many times I became so frustrated with blogger and wanted to leave, but I am so happy I have stayed!:o) It has been my home for blogging almost three years now! Thank you so much for sharing all the new features with us. It is all about sharing and blogging friends are so wonderful at that.:o) Enjoy a beautiful week my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

Thanks Tracy! I liked changing the look.

Dida, that's what I want to learn to do, is pottery for my kitchen, :) I'll have to look into it. Thanks for your visit. :)

Beverly, thank you so much! You are always so gentle and kind with your comments. I shall not forget it was you who helped me when I started blogging. You are such a dear friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music